|22| Depression Sucks

tw: mentions of depression and grief

┌──── •✧• ────┐"What's the english word for el puto?"└──── •✧• ────┘

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"What's the english word for el puto?"
└──── •✧• ────┘

"I can't do it." Valentina decided, staring at the Junk N Stuff door in front of her. Henry had finally gotten her out of bed and convinced her to come to work, but as Valentina stood on the outside of the store, regrets filled her mind. She didn't want to see Ray, she'd only think of him with Rebecca.

Henry had told her that the only way their boss would understand how upset Valentina was, was if she told him why she hated Rebecca. That was harder for the girl than he made it seem.

Valentina had never spoke of the accident out loud. She never had to explain her backstory, because her friends were there when it happened. They all knew. Bringing up the past made it all too real, like she was going through the hardest time in her life all over again. She dreaded becoming close with new people, because she knew she'd have to explain what had happened. Valentina knew she'd have to tell Shawn eventually, and she was already preparing to tell Ray.

"Yes you can." Henry told the girl as he lead her inside. "I'll be there the whole time."

"I have an idea." Valentina spoke as they walked to the back room.

"What?"

"I go back to your house.."

"And?"

"And never leave your bed again."

Henry flicked the girl's forehead. "No."

The two gripped each other's hands tightly as the elevator dropped down to the man cave.

The doors opened and the two teens walked out, unbeknownst to Charlotte and Ray, who were by the monitors.

"I hate that elevator." Valentina muttered as she fixed her hair.

Both Charlotte and Ray perked up at the sound of a certain girl's voice. Charlotte had been worried about the girl since she hadn't shown up for days, Henry filling her in on the situation.

The girl ran up to Valentina and captured her in a hug. "Val! Never leave me alone with these boys again." She ordered, jokingly pointing a figure in her face.

Valentina smiled. "Sorry Char." She apologized, returning the hug.

Ray authoritatively walked over to the three teens and cleared his throat. He also was worried about Valentina, but didn't want to show it. He didn't understand why she was so upset, which meant he also didn't understand why she blew off work .