|30| Apologies Gone Wrong

┌──── •✧• ────┐"This is really gonna put a notch in my fan fiction about you two

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"This is really gonna put a notch in my fan fiction about you two."
└──── •✧• ────┘

The first thing Valentina did when she arrived at her house was lock her window.

The second thing she did was retreat into her blankets, as if hiding from the world could also shield her from the overwhelming emotions that flooded her.

As soon as the words left Henry's mouth, Valentina's anger dissolved into shock, leaving her feeling numb. It was as if a sudden jolt had knocked the wind out of her. Valentina felt a mixture of sadness, betrayal, and helplessness. It was as if her grief had found a permanent dwelling place within her, overshadowing everything else. She felt vulnerable and exposed, her trust shattered.

Valentina's tears streamed down her face as she curled up into a tight ball under the covers, her heart heavy with pain. She couldn't believe Henry, the person she trusted the most, would twist a knife in her deepest open scar. He was the only one who knew the extent of the damage Elena's passing had done to Valentina, and for him to throw it in her face was almost unforgivable.

She felt her phone buzz somewhere in her bed, but made no move to answer it. She knew who it was, and didn't want anything to do with him.

The girl fell asleep, the emotions from the day wearing her out. The rain pounding outside her window gave Valentina little comfort, even though she loved rain. It reminded her of a sad movie; The two characters fight and then it starts raining. Valentina hated clichés.

Henry went home that night, his mind still reeling from the events of earlier. Did he really say that? How could he? He was mad, everyone says things when they're mad, right? She'll forgive him. She has to.

The next morning, Henry didn't bother exchanging pleasantries with his family. He had to get to the Man Cave and tell the others what he did. Maybe they could help.

"Henry, is Martinez coming to work today? I think I was a little harsh on her." Ray asked worriedly once the blonde entered the Man Cave.

Henry paused, a guilty look plastered on his face. "I don't think she'll be coming to work for a while."

Charlotte raised an eyebrow, crossing her arms. "What'd you do?"

"Did you kill her?!" Ray screeched, not liking the cryptic tone Henry was speaking in.

"Physically? No."

Schwoz groaned. "Spit it out!"

Henry closed his eyes and cringed. "I may have told her that just because her mom died doesn't mean she can do whatever she wants." He spoke quickly.