|13| Gas or Fail

┌──── •✧• ────┐"You're amazing

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"You're amazing."

"What?"

"Nothing!"
└──── •✧• ────┘

Valentina had spent the weekend alone in her room. Isaiah had left two days ago, leaving her single and confused. She was sad, sure. Valentina really liked Isaiah's company. But there was something stoping her from being heartbroken.

The first thing Valentina wanted to do when she and Isaiah broke up was talk to Henry. But she couldn't. He was avoiding her and she didn't know why. It made Valentina angry the more it went on, but she wasn't about to confront him. Then she'd admit she missed him and end up accidentally confessing. There was no way Valentina was gonna do that.

Valentina sighed as she walked into the school hallway Monday morning. It was test day. She hated test day.

"Hey guys." She spoke dryly, meeting Charlotte, Shawn, Jasper, and Henry by the lockers.

Henry stared at Valentina. Even tired and grumpy she was beautiful. He shook his head, getting rid of his thoughts. "I'm gonna go...clean my teeth...in the bathroom." He spoke, backing away slowly. Henry still didn't trust himself around Valentina. It was like she was getting prettier by the day, and he didn't trust himself to not tell her he liked her right then.

The group watched with confused expressions as Henry disappeared around the corner.

"Anyway." Charlotte rolled her eyes.

"Where's Isaiah?" Shawn raised an eyebrow.

"I dunno. Another state probably." Valentina shrugged, hiding her emotions.

"What do you mean another state?" Charlotte pressed.

"We broke up okay? He moved like three days ago." Valentina admitted, groaning.

"Yes!" Jasper grinned, oblivious to Valentina's sad expression.

"Dude!" Shawn elbowed the boy's side.

"What? Now Henry can stop being–" Charlotte covered Jasper's mouth quickly, laughing nervously.

Valentina raised an eyebrow at the trio's weird behavior, but said nothing of it. "Record for shortest relationship goes to me I guess." She chuckled dryly.

"We're sorry Val, that sucks." Charlotte comforted, putting an arm around the girl as the group started walking toward their class.