|20| Elevator Kiss

┌──── •✧• ────┐"We are not getting a tiger to maul Bianca

┌──── •✧• ────┐
"We are not getting a tiger to maul Bianca."

"Lame."
└──── •✧• ────┘

Today was the day that Bianca would officially put her thumbprint in Henry's locker, making Val and Henry's locker Bianca and Henry's locker.

Valentina knew this would happen eventually, she wasn't going to be the most important girl in his life forever. And she knew that she was the one who told him it was okay to let Bianca share his locker, but Valentina still couldn't help but feel an ache in her chest as she watched Henry and Bianca share their excitement.

Valentina watched from a distance as Charlotte dragged Henry away, no doubt asking if it was true. Sharing lockers was an important step at Swellview Junior High, everyone knew how big a deal it was.

She watched as Henry and Bianca excitedly stood next to each other, watching the custodian fiddle with wires.

"Girl, you wanna put your thumb on the pad?" The man asked monotonously.

"Wait!" Henry interrupted before Bianca could say anything. He frantically looked around the crowd that had formed. "Where's V?"

The boy knew it was hard for her, even if she played it off, but he still wanted her to be there for an important moment like this.

Bianca's smile faltered at Henry's interruption. It was their locker ceremony and he was still thinking about a certain Martinez girl.

"Chill, I'm right here." Valentina spoke, removing herself from the wall some feet away and standing behind Henry.

If you asked her, she would say the locker sharing process almost resembled a wedding. The girl saying "I do" and the cheering crowd. Valentina almost felt like Henry's best man as she stood behind him.

Henry visibly relaxed knowing his best friend had appeared. "Okay I'm ready now."

The custodian looked at the boy weirdly, but continued, motioning to Bianca. She took a deep breath. "I do!" She exclaimed, pressing her thumb on the pad.

The pad flashed repeatedly until a solid green light displayed, signaling that Bianca's print was imbedded. The custodian shrugged. "Okay it's done."

"Remember kids, life is one big disappointment." The man announced before walking off. Valentina chuckled.

"Real." She agreed.