Surf's Up

*Sandrelly's Pov*

The next morning, I woke up early so I could grab a shower. I was grabbing my clothes out of my closet when my phone pinged and some event flashed up on my screen. I looked down at it with a small smile before I swiped it off my screen and went into the cupboard to find my boots.

My board fell out and hit me on the head. I picked it back up and shoved it into the cupboard before I put my shoes on and grabbed my badge and gun. I left the house earlier today so I could grab breakfast on the way because currently there is nothing in my fridge and I needed to pick up my truck.

"Here you go. Your parents said they've left something in the boot for you."

"Thanks." I said to the man as he handed me my keys.

When I picked up breakfast, I opened the cargo bed of my Dodge Ram and took a look at what my parents had left for me.

There was a big box that had a small note on top, telling me that there was fragile stuff in there and that they hope I'm enjoying Chicago.

"What's in the box?" Asked a familiar voice as I turned around to face them.

"Hey, Gallo, right?"

"Yeah."

"I don't know what is in here but apparently some of it is fragile."

"Want a hand opening it?" He asked, looking down at my struggle of trying to cut it.

"Yes please."

He pulled out a pocket knife and cut the tape on top for me. He stood next to me as I opened it.

The first thing I pulled out was my big warm jumper that I had given to my brother to borrow that I never ended up getting back. I took that out and then saw the fragile things. My mum had made me a shell necklace as well as one of her resin pieces. This one was a tray for my jewellery and had little gold pieces in it but the resin was fully black.

At the very bottom was my wetsuit that was currently acting as a pillow for all the fragile stuff. There was a recipe for my dad's amazing burgers as well as a timetable for all the surfing competitions.

"You used to surf?"

"Yep. I don't like talking about it though."

"That's fine. Well I'll see you around."

"See ya, Gallo."

I packed up the box again and headed off for work. I put the box in the back seat because it had slightly tinted windows so it was hard to see in and it would keep it safe.

When I arrived, I parked next to Jay's truck and grabbed my bag from the seat. I walked up the steps to meet Trudy and gave her a coffee.

"You might just be my new favourite detective." Said Trudy.

"I feel offended. You stole my place." Laughed Jay as he pointed at me.

"Don't worry Detective Chuckles, you're second."

"Wow, Trudy. You've hurt my feelings."

Trudy and I laughed at Jay as he acted offended. I walked up the steps with him but paused when I saw my desk.

There was a bobble head of a guy holding a surf board and possibly a cigarette.

"Not all surfers smoke, Antonio." I said as I chucked the bobble head at him.

"San, what is on your desk?" Asked Kim as she walked in with Adam.

"I don't know. Ask Antonio."

I looked down at all the printed pictures of me surfing and some that were edited pictures from fan pages.