Resting time

"Nice acting." Said Kevin towards Ava.

"Thanks. I would never blame anyone for Sammy's death other than Peter but at least he believes he did something. Now we just have to wait until he slips up." Said Ava.

"I'm glad you didn't punch me." Laughed San.

"She was just following my script." Said Sammy as he walked in.

He hugged San for a few minutes before he went and sat with Ava.

"At least I know San cares about me if I was to die."

"You are my best friend. You always have been and always will be. I love you, buddy."

"Love you too, Ellie." Said Sammy as he hugged San before sitting down again.

"You had me worried back there." I said privately towards San as everyone laughed about what happened at the hospital.

"Really?"

"Yeah. It breaks my heart to see you in so much pain. And I thought it was real. I'm glad you told me the second we walked through the door because I couldn't take any more heartache. Seeing you cry, makes me want to cry. It makes me want to wrap you up in bubble wrap to keep you safe."

"I'm sorry, Jay. I didn't mean to hurt you or scare you. Hank gave me strict orders. When I blacked out, I was so worried that I wouldn't see you again. Please don't ever leave me because I don't think I can get over you."

"Trust me, I ain't going nowhere, baby."

"I'm glad." Said Sandrelly and I kissed her head.

"Ma, who's looking after the restaurant?" Asked San as she sat up.

"Aunt Josie is checking on it everyday in the morning and the evening." Said Roberto.

"You guys shouldn't be here. Head back to Maceió, it's safer."

"Safer? No. Peter has friends in Brazil. He has police buddies. It certainly is not safe." Said Adam.

"Let me deal with my family, yeah?" Snapped San towards him.

"I'm trying to help you, San. A lot of this has happened because of you and your thing against Peter."

"My thing against Peter? Why don't you lay on the floor and I'll kick you till you can barely breathe? Yeah, how about that?" Said San and stood up.

Adam and San were now stood in front of each other, arguing and we were trying to stop them.

"Everything was great until it wasn't. I wouldn't have a dislocated thumb if it wasn't for you."

"I'm sorry? Your thumb? Your little dislocation is about this high on our list of problems, right now!" Said San as she showed Adam a low level with her hand.

"Hey! Pack it in. Tensions are high and we are all tired. It isn't anyone's fault. If you didn't want to go to Maceió or the warehouse, Adam, you had a choice but you chose to come. So if I were you, I would shut up." Explained Hank as he got between them.

"And you, calm down. I get you are angry but you need to take a breather. We will come up with a plan in the morning, everyone needs rest. I want to say thank you, San, for showing us Maceió as well as the true colours of Peter. We wouldn't be here right now if we hadn't of chased a bad guy. And we aren't going to stop chasing him until he's behind bars in Chicago or some other place that doesn't include Brazil." Said Hank as he looked at San.

"I'm sorry, San. No one blames you, not even me." Said Adam as him and San hugged it out.

"As we are admitting things, I would like to say thank you, Hank, for inviting me onto this team. I've found a bigger family than I had ever expected and I'm so glad to have met you all, especially Jay. It may have been a bumpy road to start with but I'm glad you guys trusted me and kept me. Thanks everyone." Smiled San with tears in her eyes.

"Alright. Enough with the sad speeches." Laughed Hank through tears as he brought us all in for a group hug.

"Head to bed guys." Said Roberto.

We tried to sort the rooms out tactically so that if anyone was to break in, we had police on the floor closest to the stairs as well as protection on every level.

It's a very large safe house with a navy blue and dark, oak wood kitchen. The sofa is black with a small brown coffee table in the middle that is facing a white and grey stone fireplace, which is below the TV.

Antonio, Kevin and Hank were one the first floor and they all shared a bathroom. Each floor had one bathroom apart from the top floor, which had two. The next floor was Ava and Sammy in one room as well as San and I in another. Then the last floor was Adam and Kim, Helena and Roberto and then Diego had his own room all to himself because he wasn't in a couple.

"I thought Will would stay here." Said San as she took off her top for bed and got changed into some short PJs.

"He's got a night shift so he is safe for now, once it its done, police will bring him straight here.

Our bags were brought over by the Rangers that saved us from the fire. I don't know who called them but I'm glad they came.

"Who called the rangers?" I asked San as I chucked on a pair of joggers and took my top off.

"Diego did with a little help from Will. He heard how you were in the rangers and he called Will. They came just in time. I can't remember what happened apart from the explosion and then holding onto you for dear life." Explained San.

"I held onto you, even when the fire crew or the rangers came in. They took you out first and I held onto your hand, so tight. I didn't want to let you go because losing you would be too painful. I love you." I said as I climbed into bed and hugged San close to my chest.

"I love you, Jay. I won't leave you either. So I'm sorry to say this but you're stuck with my annoying little ass."

"Nah, your ass is cute. The same with your face. I love all of you."

"I love you all of you too." Giggled San as I kissed her neck and held onto her.

There was a moment of silence as San snuggled into my chest. Her head was laying on my chest and I held her as she drew small circles on my biceps.

"What if we don't get catch Peter?" Said San.

"We will sort that if it gets to that but we are going to do everything in our power to stop that from happening."

"Okay." Mumbled San as she dropped off to sleep.