The Chase

As soon as the guy started running again, so did I. In the water, I could see that Jay, Kevin and Kim were already on their way as Adam, Hank and Antonio pulled the van up to the edge.

"They're pulling the van around to the other side." Said Kevin as he joined me on the land.

"Yeah, they are going around the edge to meet us." Added Kim as she began running up the hill.

I ran up the hill on my arms and knees because the wet grass made it slippery and my clothes were heavy from the amount of water that they had soaked up.

Once the guy had reached the top, he began running towards a car that was parked at the very end of the road. I got to the top and took off chasing him again. I was so close to him when he decided to stop and start to fight me.

He swung for my face but I blocked it as he sent another fist to my stomach, taking the air out of me. He held my shoulder as he lowered his face down to me and hit me again. I smacked him round the face and kicked his knee backwards, dislocating it. However, he limped towards me and kicked me backwards with one of his legs. His kick was powerful and sent me flying backwards. I rolled on my side a few times before I came to a stop and tried to quickly scramble to my feet but it was no use. He came over, picked my head up by my hair and smiled at me before he let go of my head and booted me in the ribs.

I tried to push myself up from the ground but it was no use. All I could do now, was sit and watch everything happen.

Jay was brought to his knees after fighting the guy for about five minutes of non stop punching. A few others had joined in and were basically beating the crap out of us. It's like they trained for every possible situation. Jay got one last knee to the face before he fell onto his side and became like me.

Kevin rugby tackled one guy to the ground and rolled around with him on the floor until he finally punched him round the face and knocked him clean out.

Kim got dragged along the floor by her leg because of a taller guy, who had decided to join in. Kevin was about to grab the guy but was tased in the groin and dropped to his knees in pain.

"Kim, don't. It's not worth it." Said Kevin as Kim crawled towards him and stopped fighting.

"Better luck next time." Said one of the guys in a low voice before they all ran off towards their vehicles.

Once they were gone, we tried signaling to Hank and Antonio to come and pick us up but they weren't getting the signal nor were they answering their radios.

None of us had the strength to move but we had to check on the guys in the van.

When we got there, it was just Hank and Antonio in the back of the van. We still had the plans and the deal locations but we were missing Adam.

There was some type of gas that had been sprayed into van that knocked them out.

We all covered our mouths to stop ourselves from breathing it in but Jay and Kim already had.

"How do we get back?" Asked Kevin.

"Not sure. We can try and call for backup."

"I can give you a lift." Said Adam as he pulled up.

"We were so worried about you. Where were you?" I said.

"I dropped Billy off to the hospital. Doctors say he should be fine."

"That's good. I think I would have rather done that than this." Said Kevin.

"Yeah. You guys look shit."

"I feel like shit." Said Kevin.

"I don't get how they were such good fighters." I said as Adam helped me up off the floor.

"Neither do I." Said Kevin.

We got everyone into the other car but someone had to drive the van back so I volunteered. I covered my face and drove with the windows downs to ventilate it.

"More injures?" Asked Helena as we walked in.

"Yeah." I said and got out of the van.

"Get cleaned up. Your father needs you at the restaurant. Kevin and Adam can help me with everyone."

"Yes, Ma. Thanks." I said and ran up to my room to quickly get dressed.

"What happened to you?" Asked Diego as I came up the stairs.

"Got my ass kicked. The others are downstairs. They are worse." I said as I grabbed some drinks and started to deliver them.

"That looks painful." Said Darren as I handed him and the other two their drinks.

"It is but I have to soldier through it. The others have been knocked out by some type of gas."

"Are they battered and bruised?" Asked Abi.

"Yep."

"I think Ava is looking for you." Said Diego.

"Why?" I asked him as I handed the order to my dad, who's arm was now slightly better.

"I don't know but she seemed panicked."

"I'll have to check in with her later. We've got a lot on our plate." I said as I handed someone their food.

"What happened?" Asked Harvey.

"Some people attacked us. It's like they were trained soldiers. I don't think I can take anymore." I said as I ran my hand over my face.

I looked to my side to see the red head run in. She grabbed my arm with a shaky hand and pulled me outside.

"Ava, I can't deal with much right now. A lot has happened."

"I know. Helena told me. They are all awake due to sniffing salts."

"That's great but I'm really busy, Ava." I said as I collected up dirty plates and dropped them into the kitchen.

"It's Sammy."

"What? Is he okay? Was he shot?"

"No."

"Ava, what happened?"

"He said a big heart felt I love you and left. When I questioned him on it, he said that you and him were going to surf the storm and that it could end badly. He said it was just precautions."

"Surf the storm?" I questioned.

"That's what he said."

I stood there for maybe five minutes, trying to figure out what Ava had just told me. Surf the Storm? What even is that?

I pelted down the stairs and into the house, desperately searching for a notebook. I ran into my bedroom and threw everything out my wardrobe until I found a shoebox from one of our competitions.

I raked through the box, looking for a single piece of blue paper. I knew more surfer slang than Sammy so I wrote it down for him as well as this code we made up. If we were in trouble, we used the phrase Surf the Storm because surfing a storm was pretty ballsy. Most the time, we came off with in the first five minutes, meaning it was a danger to us.

Sammy was in danger and I'm the only one who can find him. I can't take them with me, I have to do this by myself. After everything, it all leads back to me and my stupid issue with Peter.

"You're not going alone." Said Jay as he leant on my door frame.