The Man In Black

When we got to the district, Hank was stood outside with the others.

"What's up?" Asked San.

"We got a welfare check in Western."

"Dodgy neighbourhood." Said San.

"We have protection, it's fine." Said Adam.

"Right. We need to lay out some rules, okay?" Said San and Hank just looked at her.

"We're listening." Said Hank.

"I know these streets better than anyone, especially from my Narcotics days. You guys can't go waving your guns around because it doesn't matter how big or small the gang is or how old the members are, they all have a gun and they are willing to use it."

"I'm not waiting to get shot at." Argued Kim.

"If you pull yours, they'll pull theirs. It will start a shoot out and won't end until one of you is dead. They can go on for hours."

"We're the police!" Shouted Adam and moved forward.

I stood in front of Sandrelly and put my hand on his chest to push him back.

"Not here we aren't! Look at your badge! It says Chicago. If you shoot someone and they shoot you back, their excuse will be that your badge looked fake."

"If he pulls his, I pull mine."

"If they pull theirs first, then by all means, yeah pull your gun but if not, have a civil conversation." Explained Sandrelly.

"Fine." Huffed Adam and walked off to his car.

"No. We're taking the van." Said Hank and pointed towards a black van.

When we got out of the van, it still looked like night time but it was because of the wet weather and the cloudy skies.

We slowly approached the house with our guns raised and went to open the door but it slowly creaked open. The place looked trashed with papers sprawled everywhere and a flipped over table.

"Blood." Said Kevin as he shined his torch at the wall.

We walked in a line until we got to the kitchen. One way led to the dining room and two closed doors and the other led to the living room.

Sandrelly, Antonio and I went towards the living room but stopped when we heard Kim call out.

"We've got a body."

Antonio took a step forward and hit a creaky floorboard as well as falling through the floor. Sandrelly put her gun away and helped him get his leg out of the gap in the floor. A floor board had been brought up that was clearly hiding something.

"In here!" I shouted towards the others.

I reached my hand into the gap and felt around for any possible clue of who we might be dealing with. My hand touched something cold as well as a piece of paper. I pulled the items out and passed the picture off to Hank as I got up off the floor.

"We're looking for a young boy." Said Hank and passed the photo around.

I opened my hand to see a single bullet that had never been fired from a gun. It wasn't a casing, which meant it wasn't a souvenir.

"There's a missing gun." I said.

"Found it." Said Sandrelly as she pushed Antonio backwards and slowly stood to a standing position.

"Get. Out." Said a young boy with black hair.

He didn't look any older than six. He had a few cuts up his knees and was wearing a white school shirt that was now mixed with black.