Halstead

*Jay's Pov*

The team and I were waiting for Sandrelly to get back with Sammy so she could fill us in on what was said. We were sat in our own bullpen because there wasn't room for both teams in the other bullpen.

This bullpen was pretty plain with barely any colour. It was sunny out but the blinds were always pulled because we don't have AC in this room, so it makes the room look dark and dull. We were told that it used to be a storage room for old files. When we came in to the room for the first time, there was just stacks of paper everywhere and boxes upon boxes of files and old cases.

The floor was like a cream colour but the stairs were red with a strip of grey at the end. We had our own separate board with faces on it and names written down. Hank's office had his own board but it only had gold pins in it and his desk was empty and bare.

I was looking around more at the place, when Sandrelly walked in with Sammy. She gave Sammy a side hug and then he left.

"Hey, what did you find?"

"Apprently, the big boss wears a black suit and a black mask. It was supposed to be a civil meeting so they could merge and have two winners."

"The plot of the hunger games?" Asked Antonio.

"I know, it's stupid."

"Anything else?" Asked Hank.

"Yeah but it was weird. She said about sending someone undercover with the Popes. She said she could get us in. It just seemed very forced, almost like she was told what to say."

"It's strange. That Ely guy was selling jewellery down the street. We saw him and then somehow he ended up in the alley after Kim mentioned where we were meeting again." I explained.

"I used to trust Ely but now, I'm not too sure."

"Don't ask him anything. We want to keep him close and possibly use him if something seems fishy. Everyone can head home. It's late. You have tomorrow off because of the parade. Normal officers are taking it."

"The parade?" Asked Kim.

"Neon paint." I said.

"Ah. Are you going to be there?" Asked Antonio towards Sandrelly.

"Probably. Almost everyone goes." Said Sandrelly.

I knew San was lying because when they mentioned the parade, she was already typing on her phone and smiling.

"Head home guys. See you at the parade tomorrow."

"Are you going to that?" I asked her in the car.

"Yeah. Why wouldn't I?"

"Because you mentioned something about surfing."

"No, I'll go."

"Why don't I believe you, Sandrelly?"

"Because you don't trust me."

"Not after that stunt you pulled in the bedroom."

"Hang on a minute, you got me back for that. I didn't even tease you."

"You got on your knees."

"Ha! I know. It was so funny."

"That's how you teased me."

"You actually touched me though."

"I would have happily done more but your brother was downstairs and Kevin was looking for us."

"I'm going to bed because it has been a long day and it is almost eleven at night. Dream about me, Halstead."

"Oh you know I will, Sandrelly. Only if you do the same though."