Neon Paint

"What normally happens in this parade that you need so many cops?" Asked San as she paid for everyone's coffee.

"We've had a few people try and steal from corner shops because they think that everyone is at the parade. Corner shops don't shut till about one."

"Oh. Nice. So like last minute supplies."

"Yeah. Some duct tape because someone's costume broke." Said Adam as he looked towards Kevin.

"We were with kids. I had to fix it somehow and I think you're forgetting that I borrowed a costume. Have you seen my muscles?"

"We can't miss your muscles, Kev." Laughed San.

"I thought you were on my side, San."

"I don't take sides. I have no clue what you two are going on about."

"He nearly flashed his ass to like a thousand people."

"I didn't think that if I bent over, it would rip."

"Oh god, Kevin." Laughed San.

"Take your stations, guys." Said Hank.

"Yo, Kim. You're with me." Said San.

"Yess. I don't have to listen to how much people butcher Paella from Antonio."

"I'm sorry Kim but most food places here do butcher it. Annie's doesn't." Said San and jogged off with Kim.

"Gotta love her."

"Bro? You serious." Said Kevin.

"You know what I mean. We're friends."

"You're telling me that the day she walked through the door a month ago, you didn't plan on falling in love with her."

"We're friends, Kevin."

"Whatever you say man."

We both started laughing as we watched San do the salsa with some guy that was part of the parade. Her smile was big as she danced and jumped around.

"Wait till nighttime, you'll love it." Said Antonio as he walked up to her at lunch.

"God, I love Chicago."

"As much as Brazil?" I asked.

"That's a big question."

"Fair enough."

"Do you guys sell powder paints?"

"Yeah, here you go." Said the cashier and handed some over.

"What are you doing?" I asked her as she took off the lid to one of the twenty bottles she bought.

"Having fun, Halstead."

"Antonio, grab some paint and hand it out to families. I'm doing this my way."

"What is she going on about?" Asked Ethan as he approached us.

"She said they used to have a big summer party on the beach. They would throw neon paint at each other and dance around a bonfire. It was like a real party." Explained Will.

"She should do that at Kelly's BBQ." Suggested Adam.

"She already is." Said Kelly as he joined us.

He had pink and green paint over his face and on his clothes.

"She looks like she is having fun." Said Hank as he walked over covered in blue and gold paint.

"I didn't think the old man would come to this." Said Kelly.