Peter

"He was a few years above me. He got arrested a few times for dealing but his father always got him out of it and said it was his doing."

"How is he a cop, let alone a Sargent?"

"Police doesn't work here the same way it does in America. When the police come knocking, most people hide or just pretend to not be in. In the favelas, police will literally raid the place, looking for drugs and gang members. They wreck homes."

"That sounds awful."

"I remember one time, Sandrelly came home in tears. She walked through the door fine but as soon as she saw our worried faces, she lost it. They were told to do a search and Peter just shot up the place because they needed to catch these people. He killed an innocent family, two children were killed."

"That's horrible. Why hasn't anyone fired him?"

"They can't. He's one of the richest families in Brazil. His brother runs the family business, he took over once their parents died."

"What's the business?"

"Drugs. Well that's what most of us say anyway."

"Is it though?"

"Think about it. Narcotics Sargent, gets away with practically anything. Drugs would go missing all the time from the evidence locker, it got worse when he became Sargent. He can easily hide the family business."

"I think you're on to something."

"I'm not the only detective in the family." Said Sandrelly as she took a seat.

"What?" I asked.

"This was my initial idea and Sandrelly has helped me build it up over the years. I used to be a detective until I married Helena and I got shot when she was pregnant. I didn't want to take any chances so I quit and we made this life." Explained Roberto.

"I followed in his footsteps." Said Sandrelly.

"Someone had to carry on my case." Laughed Roberto.

"And if you've came to ask Jay if I am okay, I'm fine, Pops."

"Why did you leave?" Asked Roberto.

"Jay, can you explain for me. I have to get ready for work."

"It's not my place." I said.

"Jay, I trust you. Please explain."

"Okay. I'm sorry about earlier."

"It's fine. It was a stressful day."

I sat down on the beach for about an hour talking to Roberto and explaining what had happened here as well as in Chicago. He said he wanted to rip Peter's head off but I told him that if he does that, he'll lose the case he has against him.

"Thank you, Jay. I give you permission to date my daughter."

"We're just friends, Sir."

"First off, call me Pops and second, I know you both like each other. Everyone can see it and it is painful watching you two flirt. Please get it over with and ask her out."

"Okay. Okay. I'll talk to her."

"Good. Now off you go. Tell Sandrelly she can stop working, I taught Diego how to make my famous burgers."

"If you teach me, I'll help work the restaurant."

"Ha! No. You just want the recipe."

"Yeah, I do."

"You marry my daughter, you can have it."

"I'm going to go. I'll let Sandrelly know."

I let Sandrelly know that she could stop working and then I went back to my room so I could have a shower and get changed.