Toxicity

(Avneet sighed resisting every urge to get up and leave from there so she can stay away from this man who still has the audacity to come over and wanna speak with her.... She took some deep breaths and decided to just let him speak and get it over with once and for all....)

Avneet: Speak....

SN: Have a sip of hot chocolate...

Avneet: I gave up on hot chocolate four years ago...

(It hurted SN how cold and blunt she has become... He still wanted to give it a try and try to convey his message...)

SN: This used to your favorite drink...

Avneet: People change SN.... And so did I... Now I like black coffee with no cream n sugar...

(SN knew for sure by now that whether he will be able to convey his message or not but she surely is conveying her message across him loud and clear and that shit hurts....)

SN: Look Avneet.... I am sorry.... I really am.... The mistake I did 4 years ago was...(cut off by Avneet)

Avneet: SN.... Why are you repeating yourself again... You already told me that you are sorry and .... *sigh* I forgive you...... I have to let it go to move on in my life....

SN: Move on.??? What do you mean.??(This is not what he wants.... Forgiveness yes... But not at this cost...)

Avneet: I am still stuck there SN... in the past.... Still living those hell of 2 years after that incident.... The amount of pain, insult, humiliation I faced for those 2 years.. made me hold back the grudge against you and members for years now... till date... and that has done nothing to me except for giving me more pain and disappointment.....

(SN was taken aback listening to her.. he thought he took care of the matter by taking it away from the media and all social media platforms but seems like the damage was already done...)

SN: Neet.... What happened..?? Those 2 years... What happened..? (He knew it was bad timing to ask but he has to know... Why he felt so much pain in her voice when she talked about those 2 years... What happened with her.?)

Avneet: *sad chuckle* Oh you don't know.?? *scoff* How will you know.? Cz erasing just few news stories and articles or removing social media posts regarding that scandal didn't make any difference on my side....

(SN was shocked at this new information and was about to turn to look at Avneet when she warned....)

Avneet: Don't you dare turn......

(He went back to be sitting the same way... But he felt a silent hiccup from behind.... Oh the way he wanted to hold Avneet in his arms and comfort her.... Assure her that he will make it all right.... That he is there for her now.... But... She doesn't want that..... She just asked not to face her... May be cz she didn't want him to see her like that.... Why.? And How did they became this distant.? They are sitting so close.... But still SN feel as if they are miles apart......)

SN: I..... I am sorry..... I thought...... I...... (he trailed off...)

Avneet: It was tough SN.... The worst phase of my life.... I didn't signed up for that shit... And I paid all that for what.?? Just cz I was trying to stop you from blowing your cover.???
*scoff*
So much to be a "good person" I guess...

That's when I learned...
"It's good to be bad in today's world"

The fans..... I can say your so called "fans" gave me unwanted Spotlight.! The Scandalous Spotlight.!
I was not in my correct state of mind those 2 years...