Chapter 3: The First Motive

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day!"

I groaned. Monokuma's announcements were starting to annoy me. Is he going to say that every single day? Couldn't he change it up every once in a while? I thought about it while I got up and did my morning routine.

As I was finishing up, the sound of the doorbell caught me off guard. I opened the door to see Taka.

"A fantastic morning, isn't it!?" Taka greeted me loudly.

"It's too early to tell," I said.

"Now then, if you'll pardon the interruption...!" Taka said while he barged into my room.

"Alright. Let's get to the point already. Why are you here?" I questioned.

"No matter how intensely the stormy seas may batter me, I will not fall as long as my feet are firmly planted! ...You agree, right?" Taka asked.

"Beg your pardon?" I said, kind of confused.

"And if you can't do it alone, just find someone to support you, and you can support them back! That's how you can overcome any storm!"

"...Taka, whatever it is you want to say...say it normally."

"I was thinking about it last night, and...I decided we all need to really come together. And that was when I realized... Every morning from now on, after the morning announcement, everyone should have breakfast together! And now is the beginning of that fateful day! Please head to the dining hall at your earliest convenience! That's all for now! I have to go let everyone else know the good news!"

I was about to talk back, but Taka turned and left without waiting for a reply. I sighed.

I might as well go before he comes back and yells again.

I finished my morning routine and headed to the dining hall. Most people were already there, so I sat down and waited for the others to show up. Soon, everyone arrived.

"Okay, looks like everyone's here. So then, let's begin our very first "breakfast meeting"!" Taka stated. "Everyone, thank you for making time in your busy schedules to come together."

"I didn't make time for shit. You dragged me here..." Leon complained.

"I know I already mentioned this earlier, but... In order to get out of here, it is essential that we all cooperate with each other. And the first step is this breakfast meeting, to allow us to become friends and build trust! So from now on, let's all meet here in the dining hall every morning after the morning announcement! Now then, let's eat!"

"You w-want me to eat breakfast with other p-people? I've never done that b-before. I'm not s-sure..." Toko stuttered while tapping her fingers together.

"Yeah, it's been a while for me, too," Leon said.

"Well anyway...did anyone happen to come up with any clues?" Junko asked.

No one said a word.

"Seriously? Nothing at all!? Anything, it can be about how to get out, or who's doing this, nobody has anything!?" Junko yelled.

"...You are going to die," Celeste said suddenly.

"Huh...?"

"If you can't stop yourself from showing weakness in front of others...you will die," Celeste explained.

"Wh-What the hell? Don't even freaking joke about that!"

"I am not joking. Adaptability is survivability. Did I not say so? So you'd better hurry up and adapt to your new life here."