Chapter 8: In Search of the Affluent Progeny

*Ding dong, bing bong*

"Good morning, everyone! It is now 7 a.m. and nighttime is officially over! Time to rise and shine! Get ready to greet another beee-yutiful day! Oh, that's right! I wanted to let you know that your e-Handbooks have been updated! New regulations have been added, so please take a look and enjoy your school life more than ever before!" Monokuma's voice shrieked through the monitor before it turned off.

He must be talking about the new rule from yesterday... "Loaning your e-Handbook to another student is strictly prohibited."

I sighed as I got out of bed. I did my usual morning routine and went to the dining hall. As usual, everyone started piling in. Makoto came, but he wasn't the last one this time. Byakuya and Taka haven't shown up yet.

"Mornin', Makoto!" Hina greeted.

"Good morning. Is everyone here already?" Makoto asked.

"Nope! Still waitin' on Byakuya and Taka. Byakuya's no surprise, but it's strange Taka's not here yet..." Hiro responded.

"Knowing Taka, I imagine he is trying to get the King of Tardiness up and out of bed," Celeste said. I snickered at Celeste's comment.

"I'm sure they'll be here soon enough. Just be patient," Sakura advised.

"I don't mind waiting for them, but there is one problem..." Celeste began to say.

"Which is...?" Makoto asked, curiously.

"I am thirsty," Celeste said.

"How the hell is that a problem!?" Mondo yelled.

Celeste ignored him. "Hifumi, would you make me some tea?"

"...Huh?" Hifumi looked confused.

"Milk tea, if you please."

"Wh...why me?" Hifumi asked.

"Your roundish figure reminds me of the owner of the coffee shop I used to frequent. I can feel my throat drying out. Quickly, please."

"O-Okay..." Hifumi stuttered as he went off to the kitchen to complete Celeste's order. A few minutes go by, and Hifumi returns with a tray in hand.

"Thank you for waiting!" Hifumi said as he gave the tray to Celeste.

"Hmhmhm. Finally..." Celeste said with a giggle.

"You c-could've made some for the r-rest of us, you know..." Toko said.

"I emphatically decline! You're not my type at all! Hmhm... It's all about the law of causality, basic instinct, act and react!" Hifumi said.

"Grr..." Toko growled.

"Well then, if you don't mind..." Celeste held the teacup in her hand but then her expression changed. "...Wait." She turned her head and...

CRASH!!!

Celeste threw the teacup as hard as she could at the wall.

"What the--!? H-Hey! What are you doing, my little white rabbit!?" Hifumi cried out.

"I HATE this kind of tea!" Celeste complained.

"U-Umm...I don't understand..." Hifumi muttered.

"Imagine we are at a coffee shop--just any normal, everyday cafe. I sit down, and I order some tea. They then ask me, "Would you like lemon, or milk?" Now, further imagine that I replied, "Ah, yes, I would like milk tea, please." In this case, along with my tea they may bring me a small container of milk, yes? But this is not for me! I am among those who prefer the milk to be part of the process from the outset! The fragrance is just so overwhelmingly sweet that way... Adding milk or lemon right before you drink is like dousing your fries in ketchup--mere condiments! Whenever looking for a cafe, I first review their menu to see if it offers the proper style of milk tea. And I cannot acknowledge any "milk tea" that does not add the milk during the brewing process!" Celeste explained.