Chapter 32: Traitor Revealed

Everyone heard the announcement, and once we were all gathered at the gym, Monokuma appeared.

"Okay, let's get this show on the road!" Monokuma announced.

"You're about to give us your next motive presentation, aren't you?" Byakuya asked.

"Hmm?" Monokuma tilted his head a bit.

"You got us all together to present another motive, right?" Byakuya asked again.

"I-Is he right...?" Toki asked in fear.

"Why else would he call us to the gym?" I spoke.

"We have to go through this again...?" Hina asked.

Hiro panicked. "Ugh...no! Not again! I can't take it anymore!"

"I'm impressed by your level of dismay. You finally see just how low on the totem pole of life you really are," Byakuya commented.

"No... No, no, no..." Monokuma shook his head. "No no no no no no no no no no no no no no no NO! That's not it at all. We're not here to talk about motive. The reason I gathered you all here is so that I could get rid of my grudge."

A grudge?

"We have a grudge against you, of course, but I don't recall 'you' ever having a grudge against 'us'," Kyoko said.

"I told you yesterday, didn't I? An eye for an eye, a fang for a fang," Monokuma reminded us.

"Stop beating around the bush! Just tell us what you're talking about!" Byakuya yelled impatiently.

"Well, Byakuya. You've already told everyone how one of you might be working as a spy for me, right?"

"Yeah, so, what about it?"

"Well today I'd like to tell you about that spy."

"What...?" Makoto gasped.

"So guess what. The spy is actually Sakura Ogami!" Monokuma announced.

He said it so openly, it made it sound like it wasn't that big of a deal even though he'd just revealed a huge secret. Everyone was silent for a moment until Hiro spoke. "What...? What did you just say?"

"He said the spy is Sakura," Byakuya replied.

"Wh-What are you talking about? There's...there's no way Sakura's a spy! Right, Sakura?" Hina looked at her best friend to say that wasn't true, but Sakura was silent with her eyes closed.

"Sakura...?" Hina called her name again.

"And I might just make Sakura fulfill the promise she made sometime soon... And if she doesn't...I can't be responsible for what might happen to that hostage of mine... Anyway, that's all I wanted to say. What you guys choose to do with that information is up to you. Roast her, boil her. Kill her, don't kill her. Whatever! Puhuhu... Either way, I can't wait...!" Monokuma laughed and disappeared.

"U-Um... So what does this mean? I-Is it true? Has Ogre really been spying on us for the mastermind!?" Hiro yelled and began to panic.

"What are you saying!? There's no way!" Hina denied.

"But that 'is' wh-what the stuffed animal said, r-right?" Toko stuttered.

"Well he's wrong! There's just...no way!" Hina argued.

"Well, Sakura? If he's wrong, all you have to do is tell us," Kyoko said.

"..." Sakura still said nothing.

"Sakura, please. Is it true what Monokuma said?" I asked.

"... I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier..." Sakura finally spoke.