Chapter 29: What Alter Ego Found

When we all got to the dressing room, Toko was sitting alone on the bench, the laptop in front of her.

"...Toko. Did you decide to come hear what Alter Ego has, too?" Makoto asked.

"I-I already heard it...with M-Master..." Toko blushed. "With Master!"

"You don't have to keep saying it... Anyway, so what are you doing right now?" Hina asked.

"Shut up. Stop b-bothering me," Toko said.

"She's not bothering. She was just curious," I spoke.

"Get out of the way. We have to talk to Alter Ego," Hiro ordered.

"N-No. I made Master a p-promise," Toko stuttered, biting her thumb.

"A promise?" Sakura repeated.

"Master told me to w-wait here, so that's what I'm d-doing," Toko explained.

"What are you, his dog!?" Hina questioned.

"If it's wh-what Master wants, I'd do anything h-he asks."

"Yuck!" I gagged.

"You just love being mistreated..." Hiro sighed.

"W-Well fine, if you really want me gone, by a-all means... Hachoo!" Toko sneezed, and a second later she turned to Genocide Jack. "Hey guys! What's goin' on!?"

"Um...we'd like you to move," Hiro requested.

"Sure thing! Just kneel before me and beg!"Jill said.

"First a mega masochist, now a super sadist!" Hiro panicked.

"Um, Toko...? Seriously, I'm asking you nicely to let us use the laptop," Makoto said.

"Hm? HmmMMmMmmMmMMMmmMm~~? Didn't you hear what I said!? I told you to kneel and beg!" Jill shouted and pointed her scissors at Makoto.

"Come on, Makoto! Give her the ol' one-two combo! One--drop to your knees! Two--beseech!" Hiro instructed.

"Why are you acting like you're not part of this...?" Makoto sighed and got on his knees. "Please, I'm begging you... Will you please let us use the laptop?"

"Kyeeehahahaha!" Jill laughed and then blushed. "Such an ultra miraculous feeling of happiness! All my pent-up anger at Master for abusing me is evaporating!"

"So even 'you' realize it's abuse..." Hina sighed.

"That should be enough, right? Hurry up and let us talk to Alter Ego," Kyoko said.

"O-kaaaaaaay!" Jill said and stepped back. Makoto got up from the ground and everyone gathered around the laptop.

"Everyone, come closer! I already told Byakuya, but... I was finally able to crack open all the files that were on this laptop! Sorry to have kept you all waiting!" Alter Ego smiled.

"Just what I thought..." Kyoko muttered.

"Finally...the time has come..." Sakura announced.

"Nng...I'm starting to get kinda nervous..." Hiro grunted.

I nodded my head in agreement. Makoto nervously was about to type when Kyoko's voice stopped him.

"Move," she ordered. Makoto moved to let her take over.

"Here we go..." Kyoko began typing, the words appearing as fast as one could read them.

Can you tell us what you found out?

"Sure. I analyzed the files and extracted all the useful information I could find. And one particularly important fact I discovered was that a certain plan had been put into effect here." Alter Ego showed a picture on the screen. "To isolate the students of Hope's Peak Academy and create a communal life for them." That was the stated goal of the plan... But it was meant to be more than just a normal school life. The students were intended to live out the rest of their lives here."