Chapter 14: Bloodlust

Boy's Life of Despair

Deadly Life

No, not Chihiro! Anybody but Chihiro.

My eyes were paralyzed onto Chihiro's body with tears pouring out. Chihiro was the sweetest person anyone could ever meet, and now she's been taken away. I knew someone would die next, but I couldn't imagine in a million years it would be Chihiro.

"UwaaaaaaAAAAAHHH!!!" Makoto's scream snapped me out of my trance as the body announcement began to play.

*Ding dong dong ding*

"A body has been discovered! After a certain amount of time, which you may use however you like, the class trial will begin!"

"...What the hell was that?" Makoto asked.

"Ah, that's right. You were unconscious during Sayaka's, so you don't know about it. What you just heard was the body discovery announcement. Apparently, when three or more people discover a body, an announcement plays to let everyone know. I imagine it's so that the search for the culprit can proceed fairly for everyone involved," Byakuya explained.

He then turned his attention back to Chihiro's body, "Most unusual, don't you think...?" He asked in a calm voice. "Look. Chihiro's corpse has been suspended somehow. And something's been written on the wall, in blood... "Bloodlust"? Such a brutal way to kill someone... No, this is beyond brutal. Wouldn't you agree?"

"How is it 'not' brutal? They killed her! One of us killed her!" I shouted, brushing away my tears.

"No, that's not my point. This murder is far too bizarre for any everyday amateur to have committed it. Unlike with Sayaka, this murder was not a crime of passion or necessity. It's almost as if whoever did this...did it for fun. You see what I mean, don't you?"

" ...What?" Makoto looked very confused. Soon the sounds of running footsteps were heard from behind us and the voice of Taka rang out.

"Hey, I heard screaming! Did something--?" Taka then froze when he saw Chihiro's body. "...AAAAAAAAHH! Chihiro!? The body discovery announcement!? Then Chihiro really is...?"

"Dead, yes," Byakuya confirmed.

"D-D-D-D--!" Taka stuttered.

"Before you start screaming your head off, go round everyone up. It seems another game has begun. Another life-or-death game to uncover a killer..." Byakuya ordered.

Taka bolted out of the locker room and did as he was told. Soon, everyone gathered at the scene with looks of confusion, fear, and anger. We all just stood there, gathered around Chihiro's body.

"Damn... I couldn't keep her safe!" Sakura said in anger.

"So there's another victim..." Taka said with tears.

"Which means we are now in the same position once again," Celeste said.

"Fuck, man... What the fuck IS this!?" Mondo cried out.

"It's a dream... This is a dream! It's all just a dream! In fact, I haven't even been born yet! I don't have any memory of ever being alive! Ugyaaaah!" Hifumi screamed.

"Shut up," ordered Celeste.

=======

I looked behind Chihiro to see the word "bloodlust" written on the wall in blood. The others have taken notice of it as well.

"I don't think it's any kind of dying message. It's just too...strange..." Kyoko thought out loud.

"But, you know...that thing about writing "bloodlust" in blood... Doesn't it sound kinda familiar?" Taka asked.