Chapter 19: Money, Money, Money

A few hours later, we had finished our baths and joined the boys in the dining hall.

"Ahhh, man what a nice bath!" Hina sighed.

"Getting a chance to stretch out and relax after all this time was a true pleasure," Celeste said.

"It was fun!" I commented.

"Indeed," Kyoko agreed.

"Normally, after a long bath I like to make myself a nice protein coffee, but..." Before Sakura could say something else, Monokuma popped up and interrupted her.

"Sorry, no time for that!"

"That's what I figured..." Sakura said.

"...Huh?" Monokuma looked confused.

"We were just saying in the bath how it was about time for you to get up to something," Celeste explained.

"After seeing how happy we were, an evil little monster like you would never let that last for long," Kyoko added.

"You're a party pooper!" I yelled.

Monokuma lowered his head in sadness. "Y-You're all so terrible to me... *Sniffle sniffle* Everyone's so cold and mean! Even after I got presents for you all!"

"...Presents!?" Makoto asked.

"Hmmm? Oh, have I got your attention? Puhuhu. Then let's head to the gym, where your presents await! No questions, no dilly-dallying! Get a move on, and everything will become clear!" Monokuma said and disappeared.

"Wh-What is it...? What are you scheming this time!?" Hifumi wondered out loud.

"He's probably going to repeat the same thing again. Providing us with a motive to get things moving..." Kyoko explained.

"...Again?" Hina asked. "I don't want to... I don't want to do this anymore..."

"Me either. I'm, like, totally traumatized..." Hiro added.

"It's okay. We have Alter Ego. I'm sure he'll find something that'll help us. So for now...we just have to endure it, come what may," Kyoko reassured us.

=======

With heavy feet, we made our way to the gym. But when we arrived, there were already two people waiting for us.

"To be kept waiting by the likes of you. Rest assured, if we had access to firearms, you'd all be dead," Byakuya sneered.

"Byakuya...? Did you get here early?" Makoto asked.

"Did you forget how to walk? Is that why you're late? It's simple--right foot, left foot. Right foot..." Byakuya instructed.

"We know how to walk, thank you very much!" I said.

Celeste giggled. "Hmhmhm. The same as always, I see. Her, on the other hand..." Celeste turned her head towards Toko. She was back to her normal self and was listening to us.

"Oh, she's back to her Debbie Downer self, huh?" Hiro asked.

"I heard what sounded like a sneeze, and she was back to her old self," Byakuya explained.

"So now she goes from manic to depressive whenever she sneezes? Seems kinda late to add that into the mix..." Hifumi said.

Toko sneered. "Why does e-everyone keep making fun of me...? I hope you all win the l-lottery and get hit by a b-bus..."

"So when you wanna say something mean, 'then' you can talk, huh?" Hina asked.

"Anyway. It looks like everyone's here," Sakura observed.