Chapter 20: Free Time Event #4

A few hours later, I woke up from my nap feeling refreshed.

I still have some time left to spend. Let's see who else is around.

=Free Time=

Yasuhiro Hagakure:

I walked to the rec room and found Hiro there looking quite sad. I approached him.

"What's goin' on Hanako? I'm like, super exhausted, so I hope you don't need anything from me..." Hiro sighed.

"I'm sorry to hear that. Is there anything I could do to help?" I asked.

"Can you try to cheer me up, Hanako? I'm down in the dumps and I got no energy at all..." Hiro requested.

I did my best to cheer up a down-and-out Hiro. It didn't take long to get him smiling again.

"So! You changed your mind about getting your fortune told!?" Hiro asked.

"Nope... Actually, how do you do your fortune-telling, anyway? I saw you doing palm readings and stuff, and I didn't see you use any tools or anything," I said.

"Wow, I didn't know you knew about divination tools! Sounds like you know your way around the spirit world!" Hiro exclaimed.

"I just know the most popular tools stuff."

"Now that I know you're an expert, I have a question for you! A correct answer gets you another discount!"

"I told you, I don't want to know my future!"

Hiro ignored me. "There are 22 cards known as the Major Arcana, and 56 cards known as the Minor Arcana... Generally, the cards from the Major Arcana are used for divination. Do you know what I'm talking about!?"

"That's easy. You're talking about tarot cards!" I answered.

"Ahh, gloriously correct! I will now tell your fortune for a measly six hundred bones!"

"Hiro for the last time, I'm not interested!"

"I see... Well, like I said, if you ever change your mind, you know where to find me!"

"I know. Anyway, getting back on topic about what I asked you about before... If you don't use any tools or whatever, how do you do your fortune-telling?"

"Well, don't be fooled. I have my own techniques. For example, I employ numerology!"

"Numerology?"

"It uses a mathematical formula to predict the future based on birth dates, letter numbering, all that."

"If that's how you do it, then how come I didn't see you doing anything like that, either?"

"Well, it's more of an inspirational style of fortune-telling! Some kind of unknown power just acts through you, and suddenly, bam! You've got the info!"

"I believe the word for that is intuition."

"Don't try and describe it using such a cheesy word!"

"But if it's not intuition, then it's gotta be some kind of supernatural power!"

"Don't compare my clairvoyance to some occult bullcrap! I hate the occult! Take that crap somewhere else!" Hiro yelled.

"You hate the occult?" I asked.

"Yup! Now here's some good news. Act now, and I'll throw in an extra bonus on your reading! I used white magic to record a CD of spirit messages I received from the luxury suite of heaven! Five seconds of this baby, and you'll be witnessing miracles and communing with angels for days!" Hiro offered.