Chapter 32- The End of an Age

Jakan stares out over the rolling lands of Rohan, watching as the bright sunrise changes the colors of the landscape. He had travelled to Rohan following Aragorn's coronation so that he could be present for Theoden's funeral and be present for Eomer's coronation as King of Rohan. The coronation and funeral had taken place over a week ago, and Jakan had remained in Rohan since then.

It had been almost three weeks since Aragorn's coronation and wedding. Since then, most of the Free Mandalorians had come to Middle Earth. Aragorn had officially signed a decree granting the Mandalorians permission to build their base at Cair Andros. Most of the Mandalorians, under Bo-Katan, were now at Cair Andros, building their fortress with the help of Men of Gondor and some of the Dwarves of Erebor. Others were either at Minas Tirith or travelling around Middle Earth.

As he looks out over the landscape, he hears someone coming up behind him. Looking behind him, he sees Eomer coming towards him.

"Your Highness," Jakan says in greeting.

"I think we are past the stage where you have to call me by such titles," Eomer says. Jakan smiles in response.

The two men look out over the landscape for several moments before Jakan asks, "What do you think about your sister's recent decisions?"

Eomer smiles a bit. In her time in Minas Tirith since the Battle of Pelennor Fields, she and Faramir had developed a budding romance. Although not official, it was believed by many that the two would soon announce their engagement. In addition, Eowyn had spoken with Bo-Katan and Jakan and wished to be trained as a Mandalorian. Jakan had left the decision with Bo-Katan, who was spending some time evaluating her skills as a warrior before saying definitively yes or no.

"It brings me great joy that she has found love with Faramir, especially after seeing her heartbreak with regards to Aragorn. I am less enthusiastic about her wishing to become a Mandalorian, but I have realized I cannot hope to control my sister. However, I also believe she would be a good Mandalorian should she wish to become one of you," Eomer responds.

Jakan smiles a bit. After a few more seconds, Eomer asks him, "What path do you intend to follow, Jakan?"

Jakan stares out across the plains of Rohan for several long moments before he says, "To be honest, I don't know. I promised to take position as Mand'alor, but honestly, I feel, after my adventures in Middle-Earth, that I've had enough bloodshed and battle for a lifetime. I'm not sure what future lies before me."

Eomer smiles. "Well, whatever direction your path takes you, you are always welcome in Rohan," he says.

"Thank you, Eomer," Jakan says with a smile.

Bo-Katan smiles as she steps out onto the outside of the main keep. Not long ago, construction had finally been finished on the Free Mandalorians' base at Cair Andros. The Dwarves and Men of Gondor had outdone themselves and built a perfect structure, and the Mandalorians had turned it into the perfect base, with all of their equipment, great forges, large armories, and even landing pads for their craft.

As she looks out over the island, and Gondor's fortress on the island not far from theirs, Bo-Katan reflects on the last few years. It's been two years since she and the rest of the Free Mandalorians came to Middle-Earth. Since then, much has happened.

The Free Mandalorians had settled in well to Middle Earth. All of the Free Peoples had welcomed them. The Mandalorians had spent a lot of time training soldiers of realms across Middle Earth. The previous year, they had also assisted the Gondorian military in recapturing Umbar and destroying what remained of the Corsairs. They had also defeated two Easterling attempts to mount another attack on Erebor and Dale. After the second attempt, the Easterlings had retreated for good and sued for peace.