Chapter 1: The Bird Who Was Afraid to Fly

Present Mic's Radio Show!

Tuesdays and Thursdays from 18:30 to 19:30

Canary's Hour

PRESENT MIC: YYYEEEAAAHHH!

CANARY: Yay.

PRESENT MIC: IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTT'S six thirty! And we all know what that means...

CANARY: I should be doing my homework.

PRESENT MIC: YYYEEEAAAHHH – wait – that's not what you're supposed to say!

* faint scribbling sounds can be heard *

PRESENT MIC: Are you actually doing your homework?!

CANARY: Well, someone set us a massive English essay –

PRESENT MIC: You're fluent in English!

CANARY: – that I thought would be acceptable to leave until last minute for precisely that reason. But then I remembered it's due on a Friday and therefore leaving it until last minute would mean I have to do it on a Thursday evening and here we are.

* silence follows as the scribbling continues *

PRESENT MIC: Ok, are you actually going to –

CANARY: Almost finished...

PRESENT MIC: What's it on again?

CANARY: You were the one who set it!

PRESENT MIC: I have a lot on my shoulders and –

CANARY: Whatever you say, Cockatoo.

* frantic tweeting noises *

CANARY: Yes, thank you, Siren – but if you poop on my work I will disown you.

PRESENT MIC: I think I need a pet bird too.

* flapping followed by a yelp, Canary's muffled laughter and Siren's squawks *

PRESENT MIC: PET WAS NOT AN INSULT – I REPEAT – PET WAS NOT AN INSULT!

CANARY: I think Siren has an intelligence Quirk – she is way too smart for her own good.

PRESENT MIC: I meant I need a bird companion too.

* a tense silence ended by a satisfied tweet and a sigh of relief *

CANARY: Finished! Can I hand it in now?

PRESENT MIC: NO! Because I will lose it, guaranteed.

* Canary sighs and a rustling of paper indicates he has shoved his work into a backpack *

PRESENT MIC: ANYWAY – Moving on! We have a show to get to! First things first, as always, let us begin with our weekly talk with one of you lucky listeners!

CANARY: I know what you guys are plotting, and I swear – I will hang up.

PRESENT MIC: I'm just going to pretend I didn't hear that and LET'S SEE IF OUR LISTENER PICKS UP!

* a ring tone can be heard – one which Siren repeats dutifully in the background *

LISTENER: Hello?

PRESENT MIC: YYYEEEAAAHHH! You have made it all the way to our radio show!

LISTENER: Great, so, Midoriya –