Chapter 43 - The Sweet Taste of Freedom

This little bird was driving Aizawa around the bend. He should have asked Midoriya for a cage or something. Because he was currently driving back to UA, with that stupid little green thing flying in circles in the back. He was so tempted to just... test his breaks. Although, if that resulted in her hurting her wing again, he'd have to take her back to the vets, and his sanity wouldn't be able to take that.

When he finally came to a stop in the teachers' designated parking area, once Hound Dog had given him the all clear, that was, he threw open the door to the back of his car and Siren rocketed out and into the night.

He stood there, squinting as he watched her silhouette whizz back and forth, relishing in her ability to fly again.

With a sigh, he returned to his car to collect his things. He didn't bring much with him, and he wasn't gone very long – they were straight in and out of the vets. It wasn't very busy and they had a pre-booked appointment for a kind of famous animal. Aizawa picked up his phone and locked his car, almost forgetting to turn off the lights in the process.

He turned on his phone as he was walking back to the dorms, vaguely watching Siren as she darted around him.

That was when he stopped in his tracks, for mere seconds – before taking off at a run towards Heights Alliance. Because of course the moment he leaves that class alone – something happens.

Tenya Iida: Eri's power has activated and we are unable to calm her down

Tenya Iida: Shinso is trying to use his Quirk on her

Tenya Iida: Midoriya managed to get her to stop. He is hurt

But then he started to slow, frowning, as he read the last message.

Tenya Iida: Everything is fine.

Well.

...Well.

He did not believe that for one second.

And so, picking up the pace again, Aizawa soon reached the door to the dorms, tossing it open without a moment's hesitation and skidding inside without taking off his shoes.

He blinked. He didn't know what he had been expecting – but it wasn't this.

"What's going on?" he demanded, marching through the common room area.

Most of the class seemed to be there. Iida seemed to have enough sense to go and get some members of authority, which explained the presence of Midnight and Recovery Girl. The former was currently sitting on a sofa, with Eri collapsed in her lap, snoring soundly beside Yaoyorozu, who was dabbing her eyes with a tissue. In fact, quite a lot of Aizawa's students seemed to be crying, or at least holding back the tears.

All this came down to why Recovery Girl was here.

Midoriya was sitting on a chair that had been pulled over to the middle of the common room. He was grinning stupidly – something that Recovery Girl seemed to be telling him off for, because she was currently trying to treat his bleeding cheek.

Before Aizawa could ask anymore questions, Siren whizzed in through the open door, narrowly missing his ear.

"Siren!" Midoriya exclaimed.

Wait

Midnight grabbed his shoulder and pulled him aside. She'd left Eri's sleeping form with Yaoyorozu as she hurried over.