Chapter 7: More Than What Meets the Eye

Present Mic wouldn't be ashamed to admit that he was glad he didn't have to go on patrol that evening, nor did he have to attend to his radio show, because yes, Aizawa was wrong – he did have back up plans for when his hero life took priority over his various other jobs – and with that, came back up radio hosts. It was almost a shame it hadn't been a Friday – he only played non-stop music on Fridays, so there was really no need in him being there at the radio station. But it was a Wednesday, so never mind.

That day sure had been eventful, and the following few days were bound to not be much sanctuary. They'd only just gotten rid of the press – and now they'll be back at it again! It was like the media were flies, and their fly spray wasn't as effective as the packet said it was.

This was one of the reasons he chose to stay behind at UA's main campus after school was ended early. The longer he could postpone leaving and having to run into the hordes of reporters, the better. Another reason was so that he could have something to do whilst he waited for the hospital to give him the all clear to check up on his friend Aizawa. It had been rather destressing seeing his old school friend so blooded and bruised like that...

Anyway, someone had to sweep the school to make sure everyone had gone home before the police could start their investigations. There were only a few third years lagging behind anyway – taking advantage of the chaos to spend some extra time with the school's resources before the day was up. This mainly involved the support classes – but no change there, they'd always been difficult to get away from their work benches.

So, when Yamada wandered up to Principle Nedzu's office, he was pretty convinced the school was empty, and was pleased to report so.

"Good evening, Present Mic!" Nedzu chimed happily as Yamada entered the office.

"Hey, Principle Nedzu!" he replied with equal enthusiasm. "Just to give you a heads up – the school seems clear from top to bottom if you want to let the police do whatever they need to do!"

"Ah, yes – did you check the entire school?"

Yamada hesitated, "Did I miss someone?" he guessed. He'd checked everywhere he could have thought of where a student might have been...

"One of your first years, it would appear," Nedzu informed him.

He frowned, "...Who?"

"Izuku Midoriya."

Ok, that was a little off, "Sign language kid?"

The principal waved him over to his desk, where his beady eyes were transfixed on his computer screen. Present Mic jogged over in upmost curiosity. But, when his own eyes rested on what Principle Nedzu was watching, his glasses almost fell off in shock.

"He has wings!" Yamada gaped, "I thought he was Quirkless – how in the –"

"Look closer," the principal insisted.

Yamada did, but he wasn't too sure what the principal was implying.