Chapter 32: A Promise Fulfilled

Shinso was released from the hospital that evening, just like Jiro had predicted.

Well, his parents didn't know that. They thought he was to stay at the hospital for at least a day longer – so they could keep an eye on him. But that was a lie he fed to them so shamelessly.

He'd gotten up from his hospital bed, done his hair, and took nothing but his phone and his wallet. Everything else had been sent home anyway.

He checked the phone – no messages from Midoriya, of course. Perhaps his phone was broken – stolen – lost somewhere back in the forest he was taken from. However, despite his absence, the group chat remained active.

Aria in the Aviary!

Dove: Are we really all doing this?

Owl: Looks like it

Dove: I still don't know if this is a good idea...

Crane: And I completely agree.

Crane: But I am also aware that there is no way for me to stop you.

Crane: So, I shall resort to joining you. In the hopes that I can make you back out as soon as it inevitably goes wrong.

Raven: If you can't beat 'em – join 'em

Puffin: A wise notion.

Raven: I can never tell if you're being serious or not

That was why, when he marched out of the hospital, seeing his group of friends there, alongside Kaminari and Yaoyorozu – there was a smile on his face.

He grinned like everything was going to be ok – like he was oblivious to the dangers of the situation at hand – or perhaps lying without remorse.

Either way – his grin made the others smile too, and that was all that really mattered.

"Ok – let's do this."

____________________________

"– acted straight up villainous during the Sports Festival, and many have observed Bakugo seeming rather displeased with his victory. How do we know that, if the League of Villains really are trying to recruit him, that he won't join their ranks?"

Bakugo ground his teeth. All the villains were there now. That stupid vampire girl was still drooped over Deku – but he was more focused on the press conference than he was on her.

His eyes flickered over to Bakugo when those words were uttered though.

"Don't you dare insult my friend! He's spent his whole life being called a villain – whilst you were called a hero! Well, you know what?! THEY GOT IT THE WRONG WAY AROUND!"

There was a horrible sinking feeling in his stomach – something he'd never really felt before. He hated it...

Was he really like that? A... villain?

Deku was right – for most of his life, he had been called a hero. That was all he ever saw in his future. It was to be one of glory and undeniable victory. He had the power and the grades – the drive and the strength. He would be a hero – the greatest of them all. But now...

"I take full responsibility for Bakugo's behaviour."

Bakugo blinked – focusing back on the television screen. Mr Aizawa was there, bowing before the camera and the reporter who had said those harsh words.