Chapter 21: Consequences

Shinso had never been to Midoriya's house before. So, who could blame him for not expecting Siren to catapult herself into his face the moment he opened the door?

"Siren!" exclaimed two voices at once.

Midoriya pulled the bird off Shinso's face as she chirped contently.

"Is she just your attack bird now or something?" Shinso groaned as Midoriya held the door open for him, and he stepped inside.

Midoriya grinned guiltily at him, releasing the bird into the air again, only for her to fly circles around Shinso's head in the enclosed space.

"So, what have you been doing today?" Shinso questioned as he kicked off his shoes.

"Oh, um, nothing much, really..." he said timidly.

Shinso narrowed his eyes, that couldn't have been a good sign. [What happened?] he had to repeat the question twice before Midoriya saw his hand movements.

"Nothing," he replied simply, walking Shinso into a room with the name Izuku written on the door. Midoriya immediately collapsed into the bed.

[Are you sure?] Shinso pushed, deciding to sit down on the chair that had been tucked underneath his computer desk. Then, accidently jogging his computer mouse, the device flickered into life – and that was an awful lot of tabs.

Who Is Canary? The Answer Will Rock You!

All Things You Need to Know If You Want to Be a True Canary Fan!

Canary Is Less Likely to Enter the Hero Course Than You Might Think

Which Collective Noun Are You?

UA's Sports Festival Finale Was Explosive – Literally!

What's up with Canary's Bird?

Reasons Why Canary Isn't the Angel He Makes Himself out to Be

Bending the Rules? Why General Studies Students Izuku Midoriya and Hitoshi Shinso Shouldn't Have Gotten so Far Through the Sports Festival

Suspicious Finale, Canary Under Scrutiny for Cheating

Shinso gave Midoriya a look. "You shouldn't be reading this stuff."

Midoriya sat up with a sigh and started to fiddle with what seemed to be one of Siren's feathers as a pendant on a necklace.

"It's ridiculous, like – are you under scrutiny for cheating?"

"Um, well... n-not that I'm aware of?"

"Exactly," Shinso sighed, "What's up with Canary's bird? We're all asking that question buddy, and no one's any closer to the answer."

Midoriya snorted.

"Reasons why Canary isn't the angel he makes himself out to be?" Shinso grinned. "I wasn't aware you made yourself out to be an angel. You're still threatening to go for my eyes every time I call you an angry little bird."

He grinned brightly at Shinso, who smiled back, and then proceeded to close down those endless tabs.

"So, when are we heading off to the radio station?" Shinso questioned.

"As soon as my mum comes back. She went out grocery shopping because... well, I'm delaying leaving the house," Midoriya admitted.

Shinso shrugged, "Fair enough. Is that why you invited me to be your bodyguard?"