12- C-Ranked Mission, a gambler and a pervert

Izumi's POV:

Got the god forsaken daimyo escort mission. Great. Right now, we're walking beside the daimyo through a dirt path. Everyone had a feather on them just for safety measures. I had one on me as well, just wanted to see if my feathers affect me as well. I had nightingales, other birds and animals surrounding the premises. A little chirp from them will indicate that Obito's here. Tenma may be the one who dies here in canon but with so many changes, I'm not sure if we'll live, there might be a chance that Obito won't come either but that's only a chance, everyone here might die.

Tenma and Shinko were freely talking while Itachi, Yuki-sensei and I were alert for enemies. "Something isn't right... it's too quiet." Itachi murmured. Oops. I looked at Taimori and whispered softly, "Go make some noise nearby." He nodded and jumped off my shoulder while replacing himself with a clone. He ran into bushes with an acorn and ran up one of the trees, gaining the others' attention. He looked at them while nibbling on his acorn then a chirp resounded from the front. He's here.

———————————————————————————

Third Person's POV:

Izumi narrowed her eyes which caught Yuki's attention, before he could question what's wrong, Izumi suddenly got in front of the daimyo, unsheathed her rapier and deflected a bunch of shurikens and kunais. Everyone was startled and immediately looked at where it came from. A tall man with long spiky black hair with a mask was there in front of everyone with a sword out. He let out a lot of pressure which made everyone stumble a bit due to the pressure.

Tenma who decided to be an idiot, ran in, wanting to prove to Itachi that he could be strong. But he was immediately defeated. He was about to bring his sword down on him when Izumi intercepted. Due to the difference in strength, she was pushed back a bit but it gave enough time for Yuki to pull Tenma away. She quickly jumped out of the way as a fireball was hurled at the man who also jumped away. This gave Izumi time to use a jutsu as well. Using the Dragon Flame jutsu, the man jumped away as he eyed her intensely.

———————————————————————————

Obito's POV:

I looked at the brown hair girl in front of me who was probably the sensory ninja of the team and a mix of kenjutsu and ninjutsu user in the group. The black hair boy was probably an Uchiha due to being able to use the basic fire jutsu in the clan and he has the features of an Uchiha. The other 2 children are without a doubt the useless ones, as for the jounin, he's probably just a normal jounin unlike these 2 prodigies. The girl fired a Dragon Flame jutsu after the boy's fireball which I dodged while observing her. This is getting boring, lets spice things up. I looked at the other girl who was shivering and was wide open for attack. I quickly went to her who was frozen in place and landed a huge slash on her chest while snatching Cresselia's feather from her. "AHHHHH!!!" She screamed in pain before falling down.

I was about to stab her when the other girl intercepted as the dumb boy moved the girl out of the way, cradling her. Gee, this jounin has a worse reaction speed than his own student. The Shinobi World has certainly changed. Then when we locked eyes, I was surprised. The girl had sharingan which I didn't expect due to her features. She quickly jumped away since I was physically overpowering her and engaged in a fight with their jounin. I wasn't giving much effort but from the corner of my eye, the girl was performing medical ninjutsu on the almost dead girl. Oh? She's a whole package. Kenjutsu, good sensory, ninjutsu and medical ninjutsu at such a young age. She'll be a perfect addition in the future. I was brought out of my thoughts when the other boys joined in, this time, the black hair boy had the sharingan.

He's quite young as well. When teams are formed, it's supposed to be dead last with the best but there's 2 powerhouses in the same team when there should only be one. No matter, I just found 2 excellent additions to the Akatsuki in the future. The other 3 and the daimyo can die. The brunette looked at me while healing her teammate with her sharingan. Then things suddenly went faster and I grunted in pain. I looked back to see a sword through my back and sensei standing there with disappointment in his eyes. "Obito... how could you?" What.... Then a familiar brunette walked past me, "Obito, didn't you want to become hokage? So why did you attack the village when a hokage's job is to protect the village?" Rin looked at me with disappointment then Kakashi appeared in front of me, looking at me straight in the eyes. This has to be a genjutsu but why can't I cancel it?! "Obito, didn't you say, 'Those who break the rules are scum but those who abandon their friends are worse than scum'? And yet you went against your own words. Why?" Then they all started chanting, "Why?" I started breathing deeply, feeling guilty. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry!" I fell on my back, ignoring the pain from the sword and started moving backwards with the others coming closer. "I'm so sorry!" I screamed again with tears streaming down my eyes while trying to cancel the genjutsu.