15- Trip to Suna!

Izumi's POV:

The day to leave for Suna was approaching. I've already packed all my necessities for the trip and was currently training with Itachi and Shisui again with Fugaku supervising us. We had no doubt that we would pass. Although seeing Fugaku here was a surprise but he was probably checking on Itachi and honing his skills. After the training, Itachi and I did the trick Shisui showed us. Itachi hit all targets so I did the same, still wanting to keep the facade that Itachi is stronger or on par with me since they believe Itachi and I are on the same level although that's a lie.

Itachi had won all the spars we had but I never let him win easily, same with Shisui. They knew I was a challenge to beat and believe I was between Shisui's level and Itachi's level. I also made them think I'm weak against genjutsu and made them think I don't do well in stressed situations. But this is just to throw them and the entire village off when I defect for the Akatsuki. The only thing they really knew is that I mainly lean in the medical side and is more meant to serve as the support and long ranged attacker. They're not wrong but I am a kenjutsu specialist as well. I do well in the front lines as well, it's just that I prefer long ranged.

I also planned to reveal my proficiency with my bow during the exams as a little secret weapon. I highly doubted that I would need to but it's mainly in case I get cold hands. Lately, I've been getting colder and colder despite it being a warm weather. Eventually, I got myself a fever. I took care of it without anyone noticing but there's no doubt that my body was getting weaker for not getting any rest at all. I wasn't surprised since the last time I had more than an hour worth of sleep was when I was 6. Include all the training and missions I went on, my body just wanted to rest but I have to keep going. So during my free time, more specifically, when I was stuck with my fever, I experimented and created energy/chakra bars and pills.

I only took the pills with my drinks because pills tend to have side effects when taking it for too much and long. After all, they're like drugs. As for bars, it can serve as snacks so it's fine. It took a while but it was worth it since I was starting to barely even be able to get through the days without sleep. I'm worried about how I'll get through the years without sleep since I was feeling dead on the 1st year without sleep. During the time I had my fever, I found my legs shaking when they left the warmth of my blanket. Even so, I kept going. Perhaps it was foolish to not tell anyone about my fever but how I got it would be a question lingering in their heads since it was currently warm and during the nights, it was cool with a slight breeze. With these weather conditions, it was practically impossible to get a cold, let alone a fever.

The only thing I could come up with how I got a fever is because my sleep deprivation had weakened my body enough to somehow get a fever or either due to using too much chakra since chakra is pretty much what keeps us alive and I train to the extent of having minimal chakra left which resulted with this. Garra may be sleep deprived but probably never got sick because of a certain tanuki but it could also just be because of plot armor, he is a pretty important side character. I'm not important enough to have plot armor since Izumi only gets mentioned in Itachi's story for a minuscule amount of time since she's Itachi's love interest. Itachi's story is mainly about the amount of burdens he held and how he felt when he had to massacre the clan. Anyways, my hands are so cold that I'm pretty sure they can work as an ice pack at this point.

Moving on, Itachi and I had set off for the exams. My parents had to go on a mission so they couldn't accompany me to Suna but they promised that they would complete their mission as fast as possible to rush to Suna to watch my match. My father had already gotten over his petty revenge of losing to a 7 year old but he was still salty about it and wouldn't bat an eye at Itachi. Although mother and father had me go with the Uchihas to the exams together since they were going to watch Itachi become a chunin.