26- Last anbu member

Izumi's POV:

I finally decided to join the anbu because I was getting bored. There's not much to do when advanced tech doesn't exist yet and experiments were getting boring as well. If I have to be honest, fighting has become something I enjoy. Excluding the killing. I thought I needed to take a test for the anbu registration but they just took me in directly since I took many missions for them as a substitute so I guess that's fine.

Things had gotten busier for me. I'm more involved with the village's big missions which means drama and chaos but when has my life never been dramatic and chaotic? It's just like that one time where one of my seniors had gotten drunk on one of the days of their break. They ended up having a one night stand with someone and it turns out that person has a fiancé. Jesus Christ, the fiancé didn't find out but still, yikes!

'Still, it's entertaining. Much more entertaining than your jounin days.' Can't argue with that.... 'Should've joined when Itachi joined instead of joining a few months later.' Oh well. Right now, I'm being introduced to Itachi and Shisui's Anbu group even though I already met almost all of them. Their group was full but the boss decided to shove me in there since I was most comfortable with them. And that's true, I've met Kakashi through Minato during training, and the other two which were Shisui and Itachi. The last member was in the hospital due to getting poisoned.

"Well, there's no need to introduce ourselves since you already know us." Shisui said awkwardly. I deadpanned, knowing what probably happened. Their last member most be the one I kept substituting for so Shisui wanted to introduce me to them but failed to realize that they were hospitalized again. "Sorry Izumi, they got in the hospital again." Itachi said apologetically while shooting Shisui a look that told him to be more aware of his teammates' well-being. Shisui looked away with his eyes on the wall as if it looks nice. Kakashi ignored them and turned to me, "Well, it's nice to have you as an actual member. You might be able to do something about Hayate's illness." I raised an eyebrow at this but I had an idea of who he was talking about.

If I remember correctly, Hayate is the name of the chunin proctor and he kept coughing which indicated that he had some sort of cold but it could possibly be developing into some respiratory disease just like canon Itachi. Thing is he died before it was confirmed. Seems like he is actually inflicted with a disease but it happened earlier. 'He's another butterfly effect.' Yeah. "Do explain the symptoms, I might be able to do something." I was unsure if there's anything I could do since I didn't have a lot of experience in the medical field even though I'm considered to be one of the best. I've only worked in the hospital during summer break and during the weekends, weekdays with no classes were either spent on studying, shopping or with family or Akihiko. However, I was sure that I could slow down the disease until I can figure something out.

I may have studied herbs and such but experience is another thing since I practically have less than a year of experience and I've never been in the hospital apart from my birth since I was capable of medical ninjutsu. Not only that, this world isn't as advanced as my past life. It's practically guaranteed that this world won't have any advanced medical devices which means I'll have to adapt or somehow create a rip off version of them. The reason why I was fine with the lab equipment is because I wasn't part of the team researching and creating new medicine. So I had no idea how they work apart from how they look due to my boss having me visit the team every once in a while to see if I was interested in joining the team. Every time I asked how they would work, I'd usually get vague answers from the them. They weren't rude or anything but they had problems to giving explanations so I never understood their purposes. I never bothered to search up how they work since I didn't plan to join the team. I was more on the surgical side since I only either performed surgeries or did check ups on patients.