37: Meeting them again

Izumi's POV:

I asked for a break on the month of the Chunin Exams. I saved all of my vacation days just for this so Pein just let me go but not before telling me that my next mission is to capture Naruto once my break ends. Yay! No infiltration missions for now! 'Even though you're infiltrating Konoha!' Duh. I ditched my cloak and headband in a scroll and used makeup to give myself a makeover. Then I wore violet eye contacts and dyed my hair white. Kagune Shirogane is back! 'Hell yeah!' I also wore a more modest outfit and wore a wedding ring that I took from a different dimension. I did say I had a fiancé during that stupid mission and I ended up using Kagune Shirogane as my alias during those mission so it's kind of hard to abandon that name when I'm so used to it. I also took off my bracelets and sealed them, I don't want to get recognized now.

I strolled over to the Konoha gates and was met with Izumo and Kotetsu, sleeping. "Ahem...." They didn't wake up so I just went in the village and immediately went to Ichiraku Ramen to see everyone there. Literally. The Namikaze family, the Uchiha family, and the Konoha 12 were there along with their senseis. Nope. I walked away.

-Nope, go back lady.-

Goddammit. I walked back to Ichiraku and I sat down on the seat that was the furthest from them. I was pretty sure they couldn't recognize me since it's been over 3 years but white hair and violet eyes are not common. I took a look at the menu to pretend I'm a newcomer and ordered Miso Ramen. As I was waiting, I felt a tap on my shoulder and I turned to see Mikoto looking at me. "Just as I thought! It's nice to see you again Shirogane-san!" Time to start acting. I smiled, "It's nice to see you again Mikoto-san." Everyone apart from the Namikazes and Uchihas were confused. "Naruto, who is she?" Sakura asked while keeping her eyes on me. Sakura has grown quite a bit. "She's Shirogane-chan. She's the one who danced with Itachi-nii-san about three years ago."

"That's her?" I noticed Sakura looking at my breasts not so subtly. Seems like she hasn't changed from canon at all.... 'She wouldn't be caring about looks if she changed.' Yeah, probably safe to assume Ino and Sakura are not friends anymore. Mikoto's eyes landed on my wedding ring, "You're married?" I nodded happily with a big smile on my face while looking at my ring as if I'm admiring it. She giggled mischievously, "Should I be expecting children?" I shook my head, "In all honesty, my husband and I don't really like children. We don't really know how to care for one either."

Mikoto visibly deflated, "Awh~ I was hoping to see some children of yours to play with!" I chuckled, "Although if I do get pregnant, we decided to keep the child." I only said this to lift Mikoto's spirits. As expected, she lit up. "Now that I think about it. Where's your husband?" I rested my head against my palm, "He's on a 2 week mission so I figured that I might as well visit Konoha to watch the Chunin Exams." Then my eyes caught on a familiar cow print man. 'This is unexpected. Zabuza and Haku are here.' Welp leave it to Naruto's talk-no-jutsu to get villains to change their minds.

"Speaking of the Chunin Exams, do you want to watch it with us? My youngest is taking the exams." I nodded, "Sure, I could use a bit of company." Mikoto beamed and soon I finished my ramen. "I hope you don't mind me asking but what rank are you Shirogane-san?" Without thinking I said, "Jounin." It took me a few hot seconds before realizing what I said. Crap, I should've said genin or chunin! 'Why?' Because- "Jounin? Impressive! Perhaps you can help my eldest train my youngest!" That's why! 'Girl how'd you know she was going to ask?' I know her too well. "Well?" Can't refuse since I clearly have no schedule here! "If he needs help then I don't mind." Mikoto smiled brightly while I just kept my smile up. Chances of being found out by someone just increased! 'Mission accomplished.' Definitely. Why did I come here again? 'Good question. Author doesn't know either.'