31: I'm officially rogue now

Izumi's POV:

I boarded the ship with "Madara" and sailed off towards wherever the current hideout was. During the time we were sailing there, I used my kunai to cut through the Leaf symbol to show that I'm now a rogue shinobi. I held in my tears and kept a neutral expression when remembering Mikoto and Sasuke's looks of hurt, Fugaku falling on his knees with his eyes widened like eye saucers and worst of all Itachi and Shisui's look of shock. I desperately body flickered away, not wanting to see what else their faces convert to. I was afraid of what they'll look at me as even though I know it's going to be looks of hatred. I just didn't want to see it back then.

If it were canon Itachi, he'd probably look under the underneath but this isn't canon Itachi. This Itachi is just as strong as canon Itachi but didn't have to carry the burdens that canon Itachi had to carry. Shisui didn't experience the burden of being a double agent nor did he get involved with politics. Because of this I'm sure that they hate me now since they're not as understanding as their canon selves.

After about a day of sailing, we got off and walked into a forest where a what seemed to be an abandoned warehouse was. Is this it? The current hideout? No wonder they changed to having a huge boulder blocking a cave.

"A new member has arrived." I walked in and opened my eyes with my sharingan activated. No blood on my clothes because I didn't want my current clothes to smell any longer. Orochimaru's eyes widened before he smirked. Oop forgot about him. 'Not gonna lie, I did too.'

"Uchiha Izumi." He said with recognition while his smirk widened. Pedophile. I was given a cloak and a red ring that had the kanji, scarlet, on it. I wore it on my right ring finger. I had successfully taken Itachi's place but also took his place of his terminal lung illness which was probably a butterfly effect. How I know is because about a few months ago, I noticed my breathing has gotten slightly worse. I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't a doctor. This means that I have until my twenties to cure myself although if I don't cure myself, I'll be given the perfect excuse to leave this world and start my next mission.

Mew what should I do? Stay until Boruto starts or leave after Shippuden/the war? 'It's your choice. Although I suggest leaving after the war. It's best to not stay for too long but the choice is yours.' Leaving after the war... I'll do that, I can prepare things in advance for the others to use against the Otsutsukis. 'Good idea.'

————————————————————————

Itachi's POV:

It's like a nightmare being repeated over and over. The one who held my heart just broke it. I never thought she would do such a thing. Why? I just asked why even though I know I'll never get an answer. Mother was in a state of shock, Sasuke couldn't go to the academy after seeing Izumi literally bathed in blood and father couldn't go to work for a while after whatever Izumi did to him. This made me have to take a break on my duties as an anbu captain and temporarily take care of the clan in my father's stead. Shisui had to take a break as well to process it properly. As soon as he did, he just stared off into the distance at the Naka river, just sitting at the ledge. Naruto was shocked too and just kept asking why. Kushina-san was just as shocked and bursted into tears. She was best friends with mother and that was the same with Hazuki-san. She promised to herself that she would take care of Izumi when Hazuki-san died but that promise was broken the moment Izumi left. Sakura, the little girl Izumi was teaching was simply shocked and refused to believe it until the Yamanaka heiress snapped her out of it. Lord 4th was shocked too but he quickly pulled through which was expected since he was hokage.

I looked through as many things as I could to find out why Izumi killed the elders but I couldn't find anything apart from her mistreatment from the elders which I knew she wouldn't care about. I was distraught. The news spread like wildfire and Izumi was put in the bingo book as a S-Rank rogue ninja. There were whispers on the streets about it. It had became the new top gossip in the village.