38: Pedomaru is here

Izumi's POV:

I went to an inn to stay at for the time being while waiting for the Chunin Exams to start. I was invited by Mikoto to sit with her and her family during the Chunin Exams which I accepted. Soon, I was asked to actually help Sasuke train which I did. I just sparred with him and taught him some other lightning jutsus. I also taught him a move that would help him out speed Lee since I knew he would get challenged by the boy. I also sharpened his taijutsu so he wouldn't have any troubles during the preliminaries.

"Thank you Shirogane-san." Sasuke, Shisui and Itachi said in unison while I was making some sushi for him, Itachi and Shisui in the main house. "No problem. I had the time anyways." It was clear that I was a suitable teacher for Sasuke's lightning release. "Have you learned the body flicker yet?" I put the sushi in on the plate while pouring some soy sauce on a small plate. "No, Nii-san and Shisui-san usually have missions to go on and Kakashi just wants to read whatever that book is." I chuckled, "Do you want me to teach you then? I don't think I'm as fast as Shisui or Itachi but I do know the jutsu." I could tell Sasuke lit up, "Yes, I would like that." I smiled, "We'll start after we finish eating."

————————————————————————

Itachi's POV:

I knew why Izumi killed the elders but I never understood why she killed all of them. Only about a handful of them were plotting a coup. Even if they didn't plan to stop, killing them wouldn't cause much trouble because it's not a lot of elders plotting a coup so it'll be easy to keep quiet. So why did Izumi kill them all so brazenly? I looked over to Shirogane who was training Sasuke. She was clearly well versed with lightning jutsus and taijutsu. The thing is, her stance is familiar. Fighting style is familiar as well. But I couldn't put my finger on it. I ignored it, thinking that I saw it from an opponent.

However something just drew me to her. I thought of asking her if we met before that night but she was asleep under a tree. For some reason, I had the urge to simply sit there and watch the girl sleep comfortably which made me sound like a creep so I just ignored her and focused on training Sasuke. Even listened to Shisui's brain dead comments just to forget about it. Now I was waiting for an opportunity to talk to the woman privately. Shisui was on the same boat.

The opportunity soon presented itself when Shirogane finished eating before Sasuke so Shisui and I took her to the side. We brought her to the garden. "Have we met before?" Shisui asked while Shirogane raised an eyebrow, "What do you mean? We've met about 3 years ago at the ball."

"What Shisui means is before that." I clarified while Shirogane shook her head, "I don't think we did. Why do you ask?" She questioned while tilting her head to the side. She showed no signs of lying but her eyes were telling a different story and she didn't hesitate to answer the question meaning she was sure that we never met before that night. I could tell Shisui caught it as well. "Just wondering, by the way, we never knew where you came from."

"I come from a small village." Shisui subtly narrowed his eyes, "Then how did you learn shinobi techniques?" He questioned. "My parents were retired leaf shinobi. They taught me the basics and everything they knew as a form of self defense since the world is harsh and cruel." She explained. "What's your parents' names?" I asked while noticing Shirogane's smile become fake.

"Here's another question. Why are you asking?" Shirogane asked while keeping her fake smile on. At this point, I had figured out what made her so familiar to me. Her fighting style was similar to Izumi's but more complex and the aura she was giving off was just like Izumi's when she's pissed. It's safe to say Shirogane is pissed right now. I could tell Shisui was about to answer but I threw my hand over his mouth while giving an apologetic smile at the woman, "We apologize, we were simply curious. An unknown kunoichi in the main house of the Uchiha is concerning. Doing a background check was necessary even if my mother is friends with you."