50: Getting to the Sky Chase

Izumi's POV:

Sakura punched the boulder which made me silently hiss from the cave being suddenly illuminated by the sun. It didn't help that the finger I stood on was close to the entrance of the cave. "Disperse!" Pein commanded at the holograms which we did immediately. I opened my eyes to find myself in my secret base. I can only hope the rescue team can take down Deidara and Sasori quickly. The most I can do at this point is destroying Deidara's birds before they reach to the others. I managed to mark them all when I was dragging out the conversation with Pein which was by summoning Mew to have them mark all the host bodies while keeping the others' attentions on me.

I immediately transformed into my alter ego, Kagune Shirogane and put on a blue cloak that covered my body from head to toe. I sighed softly since taking in deep breaths weren't an option for me anymore and suppressed my chakra while holding up a Hiraishin kunai. Hiraishin no jutsu! In a blur, I found myself standing behind Deidara in the sky on one of his birds. I immediately stabbed him in the back of his neck to instantly kill him then used my hair to act as grapplers to quickly swing myself off of the bird while slapping a explosion tag on the bird. After a few moments of free falling, the bird exploded.

That's one down.

I automatically used Hiraishin again and found myself standing behind another Deidara in the sky on another bird. I repeated the process until I had eliminated all of Deidara's host bodies which took me a few seconds then used Hiraishin to teleport to the cave that I was supposed to be in during the extraction. At that moment, I felt my ring burn so I quickly cancelled the transformation jutsu and formed the hand signs then appeared as a hologram, along with the others but we were standing in a circle. Pein and Konan's bodies were the only real ones there. Deidara and Sasori were the only ones not in the meeting. "Does anyone know what's happening?" Pein questioned. I quickly answered before anyone else did, "Deidara's bird exploded."

"Then my eyes weren't fooling me, I saw it explode in the sky," Juzo remarked. Pein frowned, "Deidara isn't that careless, did any of you see who did it?" Pein questioned. Everyone said no but I signed, "I did." I would've denied it as well but I had to clear all of Pein's suspicions of me and firmly show that I'm more capable than the other members to make him view me as a valuable member again. "I saw someone in a blue cloak in the sky, free falling under Deidara's bird, moments prior to the explosion. However, I lost sight of them as soon as the bird exploded."

"Were there any features that you could identify?" The orange head asked. "They seem to have a slender and short figure, most likely a woman but apart from that, nothing else. They might also have a jutsu of some sort that allows them to latch onto something to freely swing around in the sky because the way the enemy had been falling seemed too clean and smooth to call it as an actual fall." I jumbled my words up a bit but they should understand that Shirogane had purposefully fell and has the ability to pretty much fly in the sky as long as there's something that can fly. Pein narrowed his eyes and asked, "How did you see someone in a blue cloak?"

I knew what he meant so I replied, "I saw a blue blob behind Deidara, it wasn't for long but I managed to see their figure with my sharingan." Pein kept looking at me as the tension between us was still in the air before it dissipated as Pein started speaking of what we were to do next. "All of us are to hurry to Deidara and Sasori to assist them and to ensure capture of the Nine Tails jinchuriki. Dismissed." We all undid the jutsu and I opened my eyes to find myself in the cave by myself.

They're definitely not walking out of any of those fights unscathed. Well, Shisui might, there are rumors that he's just as fast as Minato which is quite an accomplishment. If he was that fast then he was probably holding back meaning he was hesitating to even try to kill me. After all, I only started spamming double team about halfway through the whole fight. Either way, they're not out of danger just yet. I started spamming teleport to reach to where Sasori was. I didn't bother trying to get to Deidara since I knew he can get away. I also didn't have to worry about him recognizing me because I made sure that he couldn't see me. I used the transformation jutsu to appear as Kagune Shirogane again since I couldn't afford to join the fray as Uchiha Izumi.