46: Start of Shippuden and Gaara's capture

Izumi's POV:

Shippuden finally started!! I was literally about to die of boredom. I made my way over to the village after saving up on some break days to watch the first few episodes of Shippuden. Over the years, nothing much changed apart from my waist length which was now at floor length and I've stopped aging 2 years ago. Now, I'm 22 years old. Currently, I was watching Naruto and Sakura go to the Hokage office. During the time skip, Rin became Minato's secretary and Kakashi was just there to meet with his team to test how much they improved. Everything went on like canon, only differences are that Tsunade isn't the hokage but the head of the hospital, Sasuke isn't out for blood and Danzo is going to get arrested or executed earlier than canon. Minato has evidence against him but not enough to sentence him.

"Welcome back Naruto, I hope your training trip went well," Minato said with a smile after looking up from his paperwork. Naruto gave a thumbs up with a big smile, "It went great dad!" Minato nodded and rested his head on his hands, "Well, let's see how much you've improved over these 3 years. I already have someone in mind to test you both, he should be here at any minute." At that moment, someone knocked on the door. "Enter," Minato said as his attention turned to the door. Shikamaru walked in with a stack of papers with Temari beside him.

"Hey Shikamaru, Temari. Look at what the cat dragged in," Sakura said while motioning to Naruto who smiled widely as Shikamaru's eyes slightly widened before going back to its lazy state. "What a drag, welcome back Naruto," Shikamaru said with his usual slouched posture. Naruto's smile widened before realizing something and asked, "Wait, so you're the one testing us?" Shikamaru raised an eyebrow, "No, I'm only here to deliver paperwork." He settled the pile of papers on the desk while Minato groaned at the sight of having another pile of paperwork that needs signing. "Then who's testing us?" Sakura questioned while Rin gave a nervous smile at her sensei's sufferings of signing paperwork.

Minato suddenly perked up and turned to the window, "He's here now." Everyone turned to the window and Kakashi appeared on the window sill a few moments after with his Icha Icha book in hand and his face buried in the pages. Don't change Kakashi, don't change.

"So Naruto. You've grown up," the masked man said without looking up from his porn book. And you're still the same as always. Naruto caught up with Kakashi and took out the newest edition of Icha Icha Paradise series. I rolled my eyes at the sight as Kakashi's eyes widened with glee and grabbed the book from Naruto. He was literally in his own little world with that book. Might as well marry that thing. Honestly, I won't be surprised if he has a mini safe for those books in his house.

Kakashi, Naruto and Sakura went to a training field to test out their strength. It went on exactly like canon. Mew managed take a picture of Kakashi's comically widened eyes when Sakura literally destroyed the ground. I kept my laughter in check and felt my ring burn a bit. Right, Garra. Seems like they figured out how to get around that charm. I'll just have to revive him after the extraction. I teleported into my base in the Uchiha district.

At that moment, Pein called for me. I quickly wrote a note to Minato and teleported it to his office and formed the hand sign then appeared as a hologram on my respective finger in the cave. Right at that moment, Deidara flew in on his clay bird with Garra and Sasori then dumped Garra in the middle before flying to his respective finger. "At this moment, we will begin the extraction of the one tail. This process will take approximately 3 days so be mindful of your real bodies," Pein said as he held his arms out while the everyone else did the same.

"Let's begin."

————————————————————————

Minato's POV: