40: It's done

Izumi's POV:

I could hear everyone gasp at the sight of my new appearance. Well, I can't blame them, Mega Galarian Moltres is just cool as hell. Mew, is it possible to use a Z-Move while being in this form? 'Who knows?' Seriously keeping me in the dark? 'I just think it's more fun this way.' Oh well. I used flamethrower again to burn away Hashirama's wood as he had finally got around Gaia's jutsus and sent her back to her realm. Sui and I managed to get Orochimaru cornered and killed him but not without Sui getting sent back to her realm. Orochimaru is just that slippery. Minato was overpowering Tobirama and about to seal him but Hashirama intervened. It was just Hashirama, Tobirama, Minato, Alemi and I.

Minato just had about 1/7 of his reserves left while I had about 1/10 left. This can't drag on any longer. I was betting everything on this final blow. I had my clones tell Minato and Alemi to stay close to my clones as they formed a barrier around them. As soon as they were encased, I used Fiery Wraith to incinerate everything. In the middle of it all, I turned back to my human self, unable to hold the form any longer as I was surrounded with the smoke that came from my flames. As soon as it came to an end, my clones let down the barrier and Minato immediately sealed the hokages before their bodies could regenerate and Alemi went back to her realm.

I was panting heavily as my clones dispelled themselves. I stumbled back a bit and was caught by Minato. "You did well Izumi, you did well." He smiled warmly at me while I gave him a closed eye smile and stabilized myself before sitting down while Minato sat down beside me. A moment later, the barrier shattered with the combined efforts of Jiraiya and the anbu. "Hokage-sama!" People were running towards us while Minato and I were still panting, suffering from chakra exhaustion.

The village was slightly destroyed but no snakes were in sight meaning Jiraiya had dealt with them all before coming here. "Are you alright?" Itachi asked while he kneeled beside me. "Yes, I'm fine. I just need to recover from chakra exhaustion." I need to increase my chakra reserves. I underestimated the amount of chakra needed to summon 3 powerful birds. It left me with almost no chakra. Using Fiery Wraith and making a barrier made me feel faint. I was fighting the need to close my eyes but I can't let Kurama's chakra escape now. It didn't help that the month was about to end in less than a week. Nor did it help that I could feel Itachi staring holes at me.

Mew! Tell me something brain dead! 'Uhhh.... Is there anything left if you go left? Or is there anything right that's right?' ...I didn't actually expect you to say something like that. This was another way of staying awake and it somehow works.

Itachi suddenly scooped me up bridal style. "E-Eh?!" This was the first time Itachi did something like this. "H-hey!" He started jumping from rooftop to rooftop while I wrapped my arms around his neck, not wanting to fall by accident even though I know Itachi wouldn't let me fall.

————————————————————————

Itachi's POV:

I was just admiring the girl and before I knew it, I had scooped up Shirogane who wrapped her arms around my neck, "H-Hey!" I started jumping from rooftop to rooftop towards the hospital. Kagune Shirogane, just who are you to be able to make me act this way? "Can you put me down? I have 2 working legs!" Shirogane shouted at me while I looked at her with clear amusement, no woman other than Izumi had ever spoke to me that way before. They've always treat me with respect since I'm the next Uchiha patriarch and they'd throw themselves at me to try getting the matriarch seat but I don't plan to give anyone that seat if it's not Izumi. I'm willing to stay single for the rest of my life if she doesn't return. If the elders tries to force me into an engagement, flashing my mangekyo will do it.

I wonder if Izumi knows I have the mangekyo as well... well it's impossible for her to know, she wasn't there when I awakened it anyways.

————————————————————————