56- On the way to help Team 10

Izumi's POV:

Hidan and Kakuzu were assigned with a mission to kill some priests, it was the very mission that they encountered Team 10 and killed Asuma. The only difference is, Asuma isn't dying this time. Especially since Kurenai is pregnant with his child. I used double team to leave a clone with Tobi although I created at least 10 clones just in case my stand in dies. Right now, I'm following Hidan and Kakuzu in the form of Fletchling.

 Right now, I'm following Hidan and Kakuzu in the form of Fletchling

As expected, it was a good idea to turn into a baby bird Pokémon. The size was good for hiding behind tree trunks making it easy to stalk the zombie duo and I could easily escape whenever it's needed. I could tell the duo was getting kind of agitated because they kept looking around. Kakuzu could tell he was being watched due to his years of experience and Hidan could tell because of how he would get many unwanted stares from bystanders whenever he did his usual sacrificing although none of them lived because he would kill them all shortly after. But that's if you stare right at their heads, making holes on them.

It's amusing to watch them get all angsty. I glanced at the right where I sensed Team 10 slowly approaching. They were almost at the temple while we were about 10-15 minutes away. It's almost time. I had a plan to save Asuma but I want to see if Team 10 improved. I'm pretty sure all the leaf shinobis have been informed of about the Akatsuki's strengths and weaknesses by Minato. If they were, I have no doubts that Shikamaru came up with something to deal with a majority of the members i.e everyone except Obito, Pein and I.

It'd be interesting to see what he came up with to counter them. I figure that Shikamaru will blow up Hidan but as for Kakuzu, I have absolutely no idea since his death in canon was a team effort that involved Naruto, Kakashi and unintentionally Hidan. Speaking of Naruto, did he create Rasenshuriken yet? With so many changes, I'm not sure if everyone developed properly. Naruto's motivation was to become Hokage to get people to respect him and Sasuke's motivation was revenge against Itachi in canon. However this time, Naruto is respected because he's the Hokage's son and Sasuke has no reason to seek revenge. Their only motivations would be to surpass their idols i.e their father and brother which isn't really a powerful motivation.

I sighed quietly. What a headache. I silently flew behind Hidan and Kakuzu while keeping an appropriate distance from them. Screw it, I'll push Obito into thinking of declaring the 4th great ninja war and warn Minato about it so he could secretly announce it to the village. This should push everyone into training harder and with the power of plot armor on Team 7's side, I won't be surprised if they suddenly become stronger than their canon counterparts during the war although I won't count on it. 'Not a bad idea.'

"It's not just me right? I'm feeling some bitch watching me," Hidan quietly in annoyance to Kakuzu. Normally no human would be able to hear him but my senses are much stronger than a normal human. Kakuzu slightly bobbed his head up and down to subtly nod at Hidan but I caught sight of it. He then slightly turned his head to look back while I simply hid behind a thick trunk. It didn't take long for me to smell smoke. Goodness, I made you that angsty? I immediately used teleport to get away from the fire jutsu Kakuzu just used and used shadow sneak on one of the trees' shadows to hide.