49: Mother-!

Izumi's POV:

It didn't take long for Pein to explain. He plans to have Deidara create clay birds to gather the Akatsuki to kill the rescue team while capturing Naruto in the process. That way, we'll be killing 2 birds with one stone. Capturing the Nine Tails and killing powerful shinobis that would pose as a threat to the organization which are Shisui, Itachi, Kakashi and Sakura. Killing 2 anbu teams are just a cherry on top. Either way, one thing for sure is that I underestimated how fast Deidara's birds can fly. He had taken the rest of the bodies to host them to have them fly the birds to pick up the members. My job was to continue stalling them for at least 10-20 minutes to get the closest members over here which are Hidan and Kakuzu while slowly luring them to the base to meet up with Deidara and Sasori. They may not be the strongest duo but they're considered the immortal duo for a reason and they're not the easiest to defeat.

This is bad. I quickly started to try reasoning with Pein about how this could go wrong while keeping an eye on my artificial body. "This wouldn't be wise. Uchiha Itachi and Uchiha Shisui possess the power of Susanoo. From what I've gathered from our fight, they seem to have the Eternal Mangekyo Sharingan. They'll be able to use powers of their Mangekyo without any repercussions. Stalling them any longer will prove to be more difficult because I suspect it won't take long for them to use more power against me. Not only that, the body I have hosted is running out of chakra. It won't take long to run out of chakra. It won't take long for them to start getting anxious and destroy it out of desperation."

Pein's eyes narrowed in suspicion, "You're being awfully talkative Izumi...." I sighed in annoyance, "I'm merely listing reasons about how this could go wrong. I'm not undermining Deidara or Sasori's abilities but looking at how powerful Deidara's bombs are from my perspective, they won't be able to blast through the Uchihas' defenses. As for Sasori, the medic in the team, Haruno Sakura, is a student of Senju Tsunade. From what I managed to gather, the girl created an antidote against Sasori's poison. Not only that, she's literally a mini version of the Senju. Meaning she could probably bash through all of Sasori's puppets. I could go on and on if I want, but to make it short, everyone in the rescue team are powerhouses. Not only that, I won't last any longer." I deliberately left out Naruto so they would be kept in the dark about the results of Naruto's training.

However, it is true, the anbus that weren't even mentioned in canon are powerful in their right. They've shown excellent kenjutsu skills, incredible speed and good handling with water and earth jutsus. It's just that they lack destruction power. Naruto has a lot of chakra and jutsus at his disposal then there's also fuinjutsu. He's not a master at it but he's in the making of one. Sakura mainly uses brute force but she throws in occasional earth and water jutsus here and there. Not only that, her medical ninjutsu prowess is better than her canon counterpart. Kakashi didn't really change much, he just increased his chakra reserves since he has literally 1,000 jutsus at his disposal and the sharingan constantly drains his chakra. Hayate didn't change much either, he simply just increased his proficiency with his jutsus. However, it's Itachi and Shisui changed the most. Their proficiency with fire jutsus had reached to the maximum before Shippuden even started so they paid attention to other ninjutsus and being the prodigies that they are, it didn't take long to master all the other changes in chakra along with yin and yang release. It's just that their mastery over them is not as good as their fire release. Include their prowess with the sharingan and that would probably bring them to at least high kage level. They might even be able to kill Pein if they team up on him.

Haizz, this is so annoying. "That would be troublesome however, nearly an hour has passed. Apart from the jinchuriki, those shinobis should be low on chakra," Pein remarked before looking at me in the eye. I maintained my expressionless face while the gears in my head were spinning. I already knew what he wanted me to do, I need to think of a way to get around this without getting any of them killed or captured. Screw it, let's just see how it goes and devise a plan on the way. There's no way I can create a plan with so much on the line in such a short time. "Instead of luring them over, kill them and bring the jinchuriki back alive. If not, go with the original plan." I simply nodded and canceled the jutsu. I opened my eyes to find myself in the shadow of the trees.