Chapter 9

Nishinoya couldn't sleep. Even though he was only acting, the rejection did kind of hurt. He stared at the ceiling then sighed. During the inspection, he saw that the castle had a garden. Maybe he could get some fruit and eat his sadness away. He put on his shoes and a jacket. He hated being barely able to read, the signs were getting harder and harder to decipher. "F- f- lore. Floor. The- the three?" He said, reading the sign with his handy dandy flashlight. All of a sudden he heard someone clear their throat and the omega flinched. He turned around slowly, shoving the flashlight into the face of the king. "Oh! King Azumane, hi! I was just trying to go to the bathroom." Nishinoya said, with a look of uncertainty on his face. "Nishinoya, answer me this. Why were you struggling to read, the sign for floor 3?" Azumane asked, Nishinoya's heart froze.

"Umm, it's dark, really really dark. It might just be my vision." Nishinoya said answered. His palms were sweating, his acting skills really had to be on point for this. "Is that the reason why, you don't know how to write in broad daylight as well." Azumane said, handing up the paper Nishinoya "wrote" on. Nishinoya's eyes widened, he didn't know what to say. "My other servant, showed me this when he went to retrieve you from your room so we could speak more on the topic from earlier. Now I know for sure that there will be no courting going on. The 4 kingdoms that treat dominant omegas like they are gods, make sure their dominant omegas have the highest literacy rate in the kingdom, meaning you lied. So where are you really from Nishinoya, if that even his your real name?" Asahi sternly asked him. Nishinoya looked at him with shock.

"I- I'm... I'm sorry, it's true. I'm illiterate. I can barely read and I can't write. My name is Nishinoya Yuu and I'm from the outskirts." Nishinoya confessed, Azumane sighed then massaged his eyebrows. "Go to your room. Don't leave until you've heard a knock on your door. I mean it Nishinoya." The King said sternly. Nishinoya scurried to his room. Nishinoya's heart stopped, he needed to leave. He was pretty sure, being caught lying to the federal government of any kingdom was illegal. He was pissed. Of course that other omega had told on him. He must've been jealous.

Nishinoya couldn't even do anything, but wonder what his escape plan was. He stayed up all night waiting for the knocks. He watched the sun come up and pouted. When the knocks finally came, he sprinted out of bed to open it. Hopefully, it was the King coming to talk something about. No, it was Hinata. "Officer Hinata, good morning...?" Nishinoya said, opening the door and trying to not look disappointed. "Good morning. Nishinoya Yuu, you are under arrest for the deception of the inner King of Karasuno. Hands behind your back, anything you say will not bring you out of your position." Hinata said, turning Nishinoya around and putting hand cuffs on his wrists. Nishinoya didn't say a word. He didn't have anything to say. Hinata walked Nishinoya out the room and to the stairs. To avoid havoc, Hinata took a back route. Nishinoya watched as they kept going deeper and deeper into the castle.

They finally reached a long hallway full of closed cells. These cells had beds, a mirror and a desk. Nishinoya was handed some clothes then put in the farthest cell from the door. Hinata locked it, then closed the door to the long hallway. Nishinoya was the only one in the hallway. His eyes teared up as he put on his jail clothes. He looked in the desk drawers to find paper and pencil. The omega quickly got to work, sketching out an escape plan. Using the back of the paper to draw innocent drawers in case something goes wrong.

To Be Continued...