Chapter 1: Relationship Advice

(1150) Words

Tony's POV

~~~🫧~~~🌼~~~🫧~~~~

I have always said that family is the most important thing. But I never knew just how much your family can mean to you. At first, my family just seemed to be the family I was born into. But later, I found that friends can be family too. And that there are never too many people in the family. My family has grown so much in the past 8 years. Back then, it was just Cisco, Echo, Frostee, and me. Then we got Ms. Nowhere and Gary. Then Layla. And the family just kept growing from there. I'm proud of my family no matter what, but being a bunch of spies... That might be the thing I am most proud of!

It might have been a while, so here is a little recap of our lives...

Layla and I got married, and we live with our dog, Lucy. Layla's dad recently came back into the picture, along with her brother and his new family. Echo and Shashi have finally gotten together. Ms. Nowhere and Palindrome had a baby boy named George James Nowhere. Named after Gary and Julius of course! We saved some new recruits and now they have kinda just joined the Toretto gang. Mark, Leo, Chris, April, and Rachel. Mark is their leader, and Leo is their computer guy. Chris is the muscle. April is the smarty pants who always sees the stuff no one else does. And Rachel is an incredible driver. Yea, they all are pretty good drivers, but Rach is the only one out of them who has ever come close to beating me. Mark and Rach have some hidden chemistry going on between them, but were not supposed to talk about it. At least that's what Layla told me. Anyways... let's pick up where we left off.

Toretto Garage- 2:00 AM

I woke up to a big, dark room with a heavy feeling on my chest. I could tell it was late just because of the little light coming in through the windows. I remembered that I was in the garage with the rest of the crew. We all had a big sleepover since the new kids didn't have anywhere else to stay. I realized the heavy thing on my chest was Layla's head. She had her arm across my body and hair in my face. That's just marriage for ya! Layla grumbled as I slowly moved her arm and head onto a pillow so I could escape her grasp. I got up as quietly as possible till I noticed someone sitting at the small table. I walked over and sat down in the chair next to them.

Mark- Hey. I hope I didn't wake you.

Tony- Nah. You're fine. Why are you up?

Mark- Don't know. Just couldn't sleep. My brain wouldn't slow down.

Tony- What was it thinking about?

Mark- Everything. So much happened in the past couple of days. It's just a lot to take in.

Tony- I know the feeling. Life feels like it's just flying by and you're the dog with its head out the window.

Mark chuckled, trying to keep his voice down.

Mark- Can I ask you something?

Tony- Shoot.

Mark- When you... liked Layla... What did you do? How did you tell her? How did you know it was the right time?

Tony- I didn't. I spent 3 years of my life, thinking I was stuck in the friend zone. Never realizing that she felt the same way. Just wanting to get out of the friend zone.

Mark- So what happened?

Tony- One night, we just both worked up the courage and told each other.

Mark- That's nice. I wish I had that kind of courage.

Tony- I didn't. Before...

Mark- Before?

Tony- Before I became a spy.

Mark- Oh.

Tony- I always thought that things would happen when they happened and there was no need to push for stuff. Then I almost died. A bunch of times. And I realized that if I was going to risk my life every day to save the world, why not risk my confidence and ego and just ask someone if they like me? Because in those 3 years I never told Layla, I almost lost her too many times to count. Feelings like that are just too precious to waste. Act fast, because as soon as you blink, she'll be gone.

Mark- Wow! I never really thought about it like that before! I'm glad you two did finally admit your feelings to each other.

Tony- Not knowing what someone else thinks about you is the worst!

Mark- Right?! You're constantly worried about if they like you or not. If you should take the risk or not.

Layla walked over to the table and put a hand on my shoulder.

Layla- What are you boys talkin' bout?

Mark- Life stuff.

Layla- What kinda life stuff?

Mark- Relationship stuff.

Layla- You're getting relationship advice from Tony Toretto? The guy who was oblivious that a girl was in love with him for 3 years?

Mark- When you put it like that...

Layla- Just be yourself. That's all I can tell you. Come on, Toretto.

She took my hand and walked me back to where we were laying, propped up against the edge of the couch on the floor. I turned back and gave Mark a thumbs-up, which he returned with a smile. We crawled back into our blanket pile and Layla laid her head back on my chest. I kissed the top of her head before dozing off soon after.

Toretto Garage- 9:04 AM

I started to wake up when I felt Layla lift her head off of my chest. I sat up after she leaned against the bottom of the couch. Everyone else started to sit up and move around. Everyone except Mark.

Layla- Mornin Y'all.

Cisco- Hey.

Rach- Morning!

Layla- Anyone up for a race?

Chris- Sure!

Leo- Absolutely!

Layla- Let's go!

She stood up and looked down at me.

Layla- Toretto?

Tony- I'm gonna stay here and wait for Mark. Maybe we will meet up with you all later.

Layla- Alright. Bye babe!

She knelt down to give be a quick kiss. I held the back of her head and pulled her in for a deeper kiss. After I let go, her eyes fluttered open.

Layla- Mmm. What was that for?

Tony- Just because.

Layla- I like just because.

Frostee- Come on, love birds!

Tony- Bye, baby.

Layla- See ya, Love!

She stood up and walked out the big garage door with everyone else. I glanced over at Mark to see that he was still fast asleep.

Toretto Garage- 9:33 AM

I watched the race from the trackers in the cars. Layla was in the lead, as expected. After about 10 minutes, I walked over to Mark to wake him up.