Chapter 12: Come On Cowboy

(618) Words

Mark's POV

🔆~~~🪐~~~🍄~~~🪐~~~🔆

I woke up to a heavy feeling on top of my chest. I look down to see the top of Rach's head. I started to remember what happened last night. How she came over after I couldn't sleep, how she got me to talk about it, how she cuddled up close to me, how she passed out on me, and how I passed out pretty soon after. I heard a rustling sound from the other side of the room and soon see Chris's head poke around the side of the booth. His eyes went wide and he got a huge smile on his face. I rolled my eyes and put my arm back around Rach's hip as Chris was fangirling. Then he walked away and a few seconds later he brought April over.

April- Aww!

Chris- I know right?!

I gave them a dirty look as Rach lifted her head.

Rach- What's going on?

April- You two are so cute!

Rach- Huh?

She looked back to where her head was and I could see she finally realized where she was.

Rach- Woah.

She sat up but couldn't move that far since I still had my hand on her waist.

Leo- Guys! Come check this out!

We all walked over to where Leo was sitting. He had a small box that looked very similar to the one in the blueprints that Frostee left us. Hopefully that means it will work!

Leo- Now the only problem is I have no idea when and where they are! They could be in the past or the future. Anywhere in the world!

April- And we can't call them?

Leo- No. No service.

Mark- Is there anyway you can track them?

Leo- I can try. It'll probably take a while though. I'll set it up and we can go get food across the street. Hopefully by the time we get back it will have found them.

Mark- Alright. We'll go over in a few minutes. Everyone get ready so we can go.

Tony's POV
~~~🫧~~~🌼~~~🫧~~~~

Layla had all of the gear on Moon after a few minutes. I guess it's like riding a bike! She never forgot.

Layla- You ready?

Tony- Yup!

Layla- Alright, let's go.

She quickly hopped up on top of Moon and got herself comfortable on the saddle. I walked closer and she held a hand out for me.

Layla- Come on, Cowboy.

I used her help and pulled myself up to lay on my stomach and eventually made my way up to a sitting position.

Layla- You good?

Tony- Yea!

Frostee- Alright. You guys get to the tower and I'll help you to send out the message. Okay?

Layla- Yup. Come on Toretto!

She nudged Moon on the side and he started to walk towards the barn door. Cisco pushed it open and we slowly started to walk out.

Cisco- Be careful Bro!

Tony- Bye man.

Layla- We just have to head this way for a bit and we'll make it to the main road. We can follow that from there and head straight towards the tower.

Tony- Sounds good.

I leaned my chin on her shoulder and the side of my head on her cheek.

Tony- How long has it been since you rode a horse?

Layla- A while. I don't think I've rode one since I left home.

Tony- You don't seem to have lost your touch.

Layla- I grew up with horses. There's no way I would have forgotten. I've missed this! The rides through the woods, by the river, through the meadows.

Tony- It sounds nice.

Layla- Let's hope so. We got a long ride ahead of us.

And then everything went black...