Chapter 16: Just A Bunch Of...

(856) Words

Mark's POV

🔆~~~🪐~~~🍄~~~🪐~~~🔆

The 5 of us walked into the coffee shop across the street from the Toretto Garage. We all went up to the counter and started ordering drinks and food. Then the door of the shop opened and the little bell above rang. I turned to see who was coming in and it was none other than the girls Rach used to hang out with at school. "Used to" because we all got time off of school thanks to Ms. Nowhere. They all walked up to the counter next to us and they seemed to not even notice Rach. 

Girl- OMG! Is that you Rachel?!

Rach- Uh yea. Hi Vicky. 

Vicky- We missed you! Where have you been!?

Rach- I got um... work release. 

Taylor- And you didn't think to tell us!?

Mallory- Yea. I thought we were friends, Rachel. 

Rach- I... um... 

Mark- She's been pretty busy with work. 

I put my arm over her shoulders as I walked up closer to her. 

Mark- She didn't really have time to tell everyone about it. It was pretty sudden. 

Rach- Right. 

Vicky- So you're blowing us off to hang out with some stupid work friends. Who even are these guys anyways?!

Leo- We went to school with you too!

Vicky- Oh. Never noticed you guys. You must not be too popular. 

Rach- Vicky, no one cares if they are popular. 

Taylor- Popularity is everything Rachel. Have you already forgotten that?

April- We're just here to get breakfast. We didn't come looking for a fight. 

Vicky- Oh look! It's the teachers pet!

Mallory- What is with those weird blue tips? It looks like you did it yourself. 

Leo- Hey! Leave her alone. 

Taylor- Aww. Does the nerd have a bit of a crush?

Rach- Leave them alone. If you're gonna pick on someone, pick on me. 

Vicky got closer to Rach and was right in her face.

Vicky- We're not picking on anyone. I'm just confused why you would hang out with... them. 

And Rach had enough. She had her fists clenched and she quickly brought it up and into Vicky's face. 

Mark- Woah! Rach!

Rach- You have always been a terrible person Vicky. Don't ever talk about my friends like that again. 

And with Vicky in tears, Taylor and Mallory helped her walk out of the shop. A few seconds later our order was ready and the guy behind the counter handed us a big bag with all our stuff to take back to the garage. 

Worker- Did you just punch Vicky in the face?

Rach- Yea. 

She looked pretty scared. 

Worker- Nice! She picks on me at school. She is a bitch. 

Rach giggled a bit and we all started to make out way back to the garage. Rach walked in the back of the group, she seemed a little out of it after she punched Vicky. 

Mark- You okay?

Rach- I don't know. They were my friends. I just don't understand. I don't hang out with them for a few weeks and they suddenly hate me? 

Mark- Then it sounds like they weren't really your friends. 

Rach- Yea. 

Mark- That was a hell of a punch though!

Rach- Seriously?

Mark- What?

Rach- You really think that's gonna make me feel better?

Mark- I'm just saying, it was a good hard punch. 

Rach- You think so?

Mark- Hell yeah! Vicky had it coming since Freshman year. 

She laughed and then we walked a little bit in silence. 

Rach- I'm gonna go see if April is okay.

Then she walked over to her best friend. 

Rach- Hey, Ape.

April- Hey Rach. 

Rach- You alright?

April- Yeah. Those girls are just a bunch of bitches anyways. Sorry. I know they are your friends. 

Rach- Were. Can't believe I was actually friends with them. You're right. They are a bunch of bitches. 

They both laughed and I say Rach take Aprils hand in hers and intertwined their fingers. They swung their arms as they walked together. Those two have been best friends since they were 12. Rach was the popular one, April was the bookworm. Rach's friends never really liked either of them, but included Rach because she was one of the prettiest girls at the school. I guess it would have made them look bad if there was another good looking girl walking around the school stealing all their thunder. Then I started to think about what one of the girls said to Leo when he defended April. I remembered how hurt he looked and kinda surprised too. I decided to check in on him too. 

Mark- Hey man. 

Leo- Hey. 

Mark- You alright?

Leo- Yea. Why wouldn't I be. 

Mark- I don't know. Just checking. You know you can talk to me right?

Leo- Yea. 

Mark- I think once we get back to the garage, you should talk to April. 

Leo- Why?

Mark- Just do it man!

I pat him on the shoulder and started to walk in front of the group. I pulled up the garage door and we all walked back inside. 

Chris- Leo, is your computer supposed to be on?

Leo- What?!

He ran over to the computer, leaning above the chair to look closer at the screen. 

Leo- There is a message on here. It's from Frostee!