Chapter 5: I Just Want To Help My Family!

(776) Words

Layla's POV

🤠~~~🐴~~~🌻~~~🐴~~~🤠

Everything was bright. There was a loud buzzing sound. It felt like it was shaking and echoing in my brain. Suddenly, it all stopped. I fell to my knees and could see everything again. Toretto, Cisco, Frostee, Echo, and Shashi were all on the ground too. Toretto looked over at me with a worried look on his face.

Toretto- No!

Shashi- What the hell just happened?!

Layla- We went back in time.

I slowly stood up, Toretto came over and took my hand.

Shashi- For real?

Cisco- Oh man! We're stuck here! We're never gonna get home! We're gonna die and I'm never gonna get to share Donut's story with the world!

Echo- Cisco! Chill! Freaking out isn't going to do us any good.

Frostee- We gotta get out of here. Let's find somewhere safe.

Toretto- Like where? We don't even know where we are!

Layla- Yes we do.

Toretto- We're in the middle of nowhere, Layla!

I looked around and saw a forest. A very familiar forest.

Layla- It really is...

Toretto- What is it? Where are we!?

Layla- My old home.

Frostee- What?! How?

Echo- Well, Tony got zapped in Australia and ended up in LA. I guess this is just where Dakar picked.

Layla- Why here?

Shashi- Well he was talking about your family before he zapped us.

Frostee- That could make sense.

Cisco- Can we get out of the woods? It's pretty scary here!

Layla- Follow me.

We all started to walk with me leading. Toretto kept a tight grip on my hand as we walked.

Layla- Never thought I'd be back here. Always thought it would be too painful.

Shashi- How did you even  remember this place by a bunch of trees?!

Layla- We used to ride horses down the trails. That way leads to a lake. That way leads to the neighbors. And this way leads to the house.

Frostee- Didn't your dad sell the place?

Layla- Yea. But we don't know when we are. If we are in the past or the future.

As soon as those words left my mouth, we got to my old house. And seeing her right there made my know exactly when we were.

Mark's POV

🔆~~~🪐~~~🍄~~~🪐~~~🔆

Rach- It's happening again!

I reached across her in the passengers seat and pulled her door shut. Rach grabbed my hand and I pulled her as close as I could from the other seat.

Mark- It's okay. We're okay.

After a few seconds, the shaking stopped, just as quick as it started.

Mark- Are you okay?

Rach- Yea. But why does this keep happening!?

The screen in my car lit up and Leo's face popped up.

Leo- It's because of the machine.

Rach- So, does that mean...

Mark- They got sent back in time!

Chris- What!?

April- How are we gonna help them!?

Mark- First we have to go in there and stop that guy!

We all got out of our cars and ran into the building our friends just went into. We heard a man screaming so we followed the sound and hoped it was the right way. I put a hand up to have everyone else stopped. They all listened and I peaked around the corner to see a guy hitting a machine. He was busting his hand up and screaming over and over again.

Dakar- THOSE... GOD... DAMN... KIDS

I ran in and grabbed him.

Mark- Stop! Stop!

Rach ran in and put hand cuffs on him. I have no idea where she got those!

Chris- Where did you get those?

Rach- I come prepared.

Mark- Where are they!? Where did you send them!?

Dakar- Not where... WHEN!

He started laughing and I could easily tell this guy was NOT in a good mental state.

Mark- Well how do we get them back!?

Dakar- You can't! The machine is toast! It only ever works one time!

Leo- Frostee said the one he made would have worked again, but they rigged it.

Dakar- Those stupid kids. They keep ruining my plan!

He began to cry. A very disturbing sight. The evil villain just balling his eyes out.

Dakar- My family! I... I just want to help... my family!

Rach gave me a concerned look.

Mark- How do we rebuild the machine? Huh!?

Dakar- I don't know... I DON'T KNOW!

Rach- We'll figure this out Mark. I know we will.

I not so gently pulled Dakar from the ground. When we walked him outside, there were army trucks waiting to take him away. Ms. Nowhere pulled up and stepped out of the car.

Ms. Nowhere- Good job, kids. Wait. Where are the others!?