Chapter 24: Reservation For A Lot

(711) Words

Echo's POV
🌵~~~🛹~~~🪷~~~🛹~~~🌵

Shashi and I walked into the restaurant together. Turns out we were the first ones there. Shashi walked up to the lady at the computer.

Lady- Do you have a reservation?

Shashi- Yup.

Lady- How many people are in your group?

Shashi- Oh god. A lot...

He turns around to look at me.

Echo- We have 16.

Lady- Alright. You can follow me.

She takes us back to a huge table.

Shashi- Jesus! That's a shit ton of people!

Echo- Our family's pretty big.

Just after we sat down, Mark and Rach walked in too. They sat down next to each other on the opposite side of the table.

Echo- Hey guys!

Mark- Hey!

Rach- Hi!

The four of us sat talking for a few minutes before most of the rest of the family walked in. They all sat down leaving just two empty seats.

Echo- Anyone know where Layla and Tony are?

Shashi leaned over and whispered in my ear.

Shashi- They're probably fucking.

I punched his arm as he laughed at himself.

Ms. Nowhere- What's going on over there?

Echo- You don't want to know.

The waitress walked over to get us all drinks and there was still so sign of Layla and Tony. I opened my watch to track their location. Great. They're still at their house. Maybe Shashi wasn't wrong. I moved my watch over to get Shashi's attention.

Shashi- I told you. They're fucking.

Mark- I'm gonna text Layla. See if they are still coming.

Shashi- Oh they're "coming" alright.

Echo- Shashi!

I shoved him as he laughed at his own joke again.

Mark- Layla says they are about to leave.

Cisco- Tell them to hurry up. I'm hungry!

Frostee- You're always hungry, Cisco.

Cisco- But I'm like REALLY hungry!

As Cisco said that a waitress sat down a basket of bread right in front of him. Cisco gasped and the waitress giggled as she sat two more down on the other ends of the table.

Cisco- Thank you! I thought I was gonna die of starvation!

Waitress- Of course. My name is Jess. I'll be taking care of all of you guys today. Are we ready to order?

Echo- We're still waiting on a few people.

Jess- Alright! I'll be back to check in a bit.

Cisco- It's like she knew I was hungry.

Shashi- Well you were yelling it for the whole restaurant to hear.

Just then Layla and Tony walked in and took a seat.

Layla- Sorry we're late. Lost track of time I guess.

Shashi- Yeah. I'm sure that's what happened.

Tony- What's with him?

Frostee- He's been saying you two were fucking the whole time we were here. He won't shut up about it.

Shashi- Dude!

Layla- Just so you know, no. We weren't fucking. And do you really have to say it like that?

Jess- Seems like the rest of your party has arrived! Are we ready to order?

Everyone ordered and we went back to taking while we waited. I looked over at Tony and Layla and Tony was whispering something in her ear. Layla smiled as she turned to face him. Something was definitely going on between them. They have never been like this before.

A little bit later, Ms. Nowhere passed baby George over to Layla. She sat him on her lap and played with him for a bit. He was giggling and she had a huge smile on her face. 

Frostee- Your gonna be a great mom someday!

Layla- Thanks Frostee.

She looked over to Tony and went back to playing with the baby.

Not that much later, food was brought out and Cisco got all excited again. We all ate and just enjoyed the nice family gathering. It's not that often that the whole family can get together.

Shashi sat his hand on my leg. When I looked over at him, his face said nothing. He was a stupidly good liar, which means he's also good at hiding things. I whispered into his ear.

Echo- What are you doing?

Shashi- Did I tell you how beautiful you look tonight.

Echo- No.

Shashi- Well you look really beautiful. That dress suits you well. But I bet you would look better without it.

Echo- Shashi!