Chapter 4: You Can't Lie To Me

(786) Words

Mark's POV

🔆~~~🪐~~~🍄~~~🪐~~~🔆

We all were driving through the city to my parent's house when we all realized something was wrong. People were running down the street and you could feel a slight shaking.

Cisco- This way!

We all followed him into a parking garage where we hid and waited for the earthquake to stop. Everyone was huddled in a big group. Rach was crouched down next to me. She looked over at me and I could see the fear in her eyes. I'm sure she could see the same thing in mine. I took her hand and gave it a reassuring squeeze. She squeezed back and gave me a small smile.

Slowly everything stopped shaking and we all got up.

Mark- Everyone okay?

Leo- I think so.

Cisco- Yea.

Frostee- Wait! Look!

He showed his screen on an iPad. There were 7 dots all huddled together, with 2 dots on one side and 2 on the other.

Chris- Who are the other 4 dots?

Frostee- Those ones are Echo and Shashi. Those are Layla and Tony.

Just then Frostee's phone started to ring. He answered it and was given quick instructions.

Frostee- We got a new mission. Let's move!

We all went to get back in our cars when Rach and I realized we had never let go of each others hands. I quickly released her hand and looked at the ground.

Matt- Sorry...

Rach- It's fine.

I gave her an awkward smile before hopping back in my car. We all started driving down the road towards Echo and Shashi. Then they pulled up right next to us.

Echo- Guys!

Frostee- You okay?

Echo- Yea. But we gotta figure out where that came from!

Frostee- There is a huge heat signal under that building!

Shashi- That's where we just were!

Frostee- Well... that's where it came from!

Just then, Ms. Nowhere came up on all of our screens.

Cisco- Ms. Nowhere, what's going on!?

Ms. Nowhere- The time travel guy is back! You must go stop him before he screws up everything!

Layla- We're on it!

Matt- Where'd you guys come from?

Layla and Tony pulled up behind us.

Layla- Nowhere filled us in!

Tony- Let's get going!

We all sped off down the street. Once we all pulled up to the building we got out, but Tony stopped us.

Tony- Why don't you guys wait back.

Matt- Why?

Layla- This guy is crazy dangerous! We almost lost Toretto last time!

Tony- We can't loose you guys.

Matt- Fine.

Tony- Make sure he doesn't get away.

Matt- Got it.

Tony- Which way?

Frostee- Follow me!

They all ran into the building as the 5 of us waited at our cars. I sat in my drivers seat, not really wanting to stand around and wait for them. Rach opened the door and slid into the passenger seat.

Rach- What's wrong?

Matt- Nothing.

Rach- Are you seriously trying to lie to me right now?

Matt- You wanna know what's wrong!? They left us behind! We are supposed to be learning! I failed our first mission and now we aren't allowed to go on any more!

Rach- Hey!

She sat a hand on my leg.

Rach- They left us behind because this guy is super dangerous. Didn't you hear what Layla said? They almost lost Tony! I'm kinda glad we didn't go in there.

Matt- Why?

Rach- Cause what if I lost you?

I looked over at her with a small smile growing on my face. She looked right back at me. She moved her hand that was still on my leg up to my hands. She wrapped her fingers around mine. I leaned closer to her as I slowly pushed a piece of hair behind her ear. I leaned in till our faces were only an inch apart when the ground started to shake again.

Tony's POV

~~~🫧~~~🌼~~~🫧~~~~

Frostee led us to a set of stairs. Once at the bottom, we saw Dakar standing in front of a big machine with a small box connected. The small box was almost identical to the old Time Machine he had.

Layla- Shut it down!

Dakar- Not you guys again!

Echo- Yup! Now shut down the machine!

Dakar- No! I must save my family!

Layla- Everyone's got dead people! It's no excuse to get everyone else dead along the way!

Dakar- Tell me, Layla. Have you lost family members?

Layla- Yes.

Dakar- What if you could bring them back?

Layla- I wouldn't. If I did, I would loose everything I've built.

Dakar- That's where your wrong. You can get them back! And keep everything.

Layla- No.

Just then, he flipped the switch. A huge flash went off. This felt all to familiar.