Chapter 19: Beautiful

(1000) Words

Tony's POV

~~~🫧~~~🌼~~~🫧~~~~

I was in the lead, with Layla right behind me. She came up my left side and when I looked over at her, she winked and sped up in front of me. God I love that girl... Wait! Snap out of it Tony! You have to beat her! Just pretend she's not your wife! My wife! God that still sounds so different! Damn. How does this woman distract me so much!?

Layla- What the hell is wrong with you Toretto!? You're driving so slow today.

Tony- I got distracted.

Layla- By what? Me?

I could hear the smirk on her face through the radio.

Tony- Definitely not.

Shashi- Would you two stop and just race?!

Layla- What? Are you jealous Shashi?

Shashi- Of your obnoxious romance that has been going on since you were 16. No way.

Tony- Obnoxious!?

Layla- It's called Love Shash. L-O-V-E. Love.

Rach- Aww!

April- You guys are adorable!

Tony- What kind of race is this!?

Layla was still in front of me but I came up beside her again. We were getting closer to the restaurant, meaning I HAVE to get in front of her.

Layla- Bye Toretto!

She sped up and beat me by a hair.

Tony- Damn it!

Layla- Chill out Baby. It wasn't that bad. You were close that time.

We all pulled into a parking spot and once I got out I ran over to Layla's door to open it. I reached a hand out for her and she took it.

Layla- Such a gentleman. Why thank you.

I closed her door and gave her a quick kiss on her lips. Then she grabbed my white shirt and pulled me back in. I put one hand on the back of her neck and the other still holding her hand.

Tony- Mm.

She giggled and pulled back, keeping our faces only a few inches apart. I had a big smile on my face as we both just stood there for a second. I gave her another quick kiss and pulled her behind me with the hand I never stopped holding. We both walked into the restaurant so see the whole crew waiting for us at a big table against the wall. One side was a booth and there were two spots left at the end for both Layla and me.

Echo- It's about time!

Mark- You two were taking too long.

Rach lightly smacked his chest and gave his a dirty look.

Rach- Shut up. It's romantic.

Layla smiled and I scooted into the booth first and she sat next to me. She propped her back against the side of the seat and put her legs up on my lap. I put one hand on her thigh and gently rubbed my thumb against it. Rach was sitting next to Layla and Mark was next to her. Layla was sitting in the corner of the booth. Everyone loves this table because it has space for everyone so this is our go to burger place.

Everyone was talking about what happened while we were in the past and how we got back. Layla's phone buzzed and she took it out of her jacket pocket. She smiled at her screen and after a few second turned it around for me to see. It was a picture of her niece, Annie. She was holding a framed picture of mine and Layla's wedding and pointing at me in the photo.

Layla- Joey said she keeps asking about you.

Tony- Aww.

After we all ate and decided it was time to head home, we said our goodbyes and Layla and I raced back home. Once we made it back home I walked in the house behind Layla and as she hung up her keys on the hooks, I held her from behind and hung my keys up too. I had one arm around her lower stomach, pulling her into me. I leaned my head over her shoulder and kissed her cheek. She turned around and put her arms around my neck, pulling me into a hard kiss. I held her hips as she stood on her tip toes to reach me. I held her hips closer to me till there was almost no space in between us. Layla ran her fingers through my hair. I leaned down and moved my hand to the backs of her thighs and then stood up, picking her up in the process. She quickly wrapped her legs around me and we both pulled away from the kiss.

Tony- God I love you.

Layla- Then don't stop.

She sounded out of breath, but pulled me back into her lips and I walked over to the couch, setting Layla on her back and kneeling over top of her, her legs still wrapped around my waist. I pulled away from her lips and used a hand to move her hair off her neck before I leaned down again and started trailing kisses down her neck. She put her hands in my hair again as I continued to leave kisses on her. I pulled her jacket back to reveal more skin as I kept kissing her. I put a hand on her lower stomach and Layla flinched, which made me realize that was were she was shot a while ago.

Tony- I'm so sorry.

Layla- It's okay.

I lifted the end of her shirt up to quickly inspect the scar. There was a line on her skin from where the doctors had stitched her up. I looked up at Layla to see she was already looking at me. She had a strange look on her face which I realized to be a look of self consciousness.

Tony- You're beautiful, scars and all.

I kissed her scar and moved back up to her face.

Tony- You know that. Right?

Layla nodded and I kissed her lips again.

Tony- You're beautiful Baby.

I rubbed circles around the scar as I continued to kiss her. She let out a sigh of relief and started to melt into the kiss again.