Chapter 23: I Think She Knows

(646) Words

Tony's POV
~~~🫧~~~🌼~~~🫧~~~~

Tony- Again!? How do you always win?

Mark- Are you cheating?!

Layla- No! Y'all suck!

Tony- Hey!

Layla- Oh don't be such a baby!

Tony- I am not!

Layla- Are too!

Tony- No!

Layla- Yes!

Tony- You're being mean.

Layla- You're being a baby.

I gave her a dirty look which made her laugh.

Mark- I don't know if I should interrupt whatever this is, but it's about time to get ready for dinner.

Rach- I'm gonna run home really quick and change.

Mark- Alright. Bye.

Mark kissed Rach on the cheek which left Layla and I staring at Mark. As soon as Rach left and we heard her car start, Layla squealed.

Layla- I knew it!!

Mark blushed as Layla kept squealing.

Layla- I knew something was going on between y'all!

Mark- Was it that obvious?

Tony- Yes!

Layla- Who are you kidding, Toretto? You had no clue till I told you!

Mark- Okay. I don't really know what "it" is yet, but I know I really like Rach and I don't wanna screw it up. So please don't tell her!

Tony- Your secret is safe with me!

Layla- Y'all are cute together. Kinda reminds me of Toretto and me a few years ago.

Mark- Really?

Layla- Oh yeah. The constant competition, the bickering, the clueless guy.

Tony- Brings back memories.

Mark- Cool. I'm gonna go get ready. Don't tell anyone about it!

Layla- We gotcha Mark.

Tony- Wanna head home?

Layla- Sure. I probably shouldn't wear a bathing suit to the restaurant.

Tony- Yeah, probably not. Let's go babe!

Layla- Alrighty!

I opened the passenger side door for Layla and drove us both back home. Lucy was waiting at the door when we got there. Layla went upstairs and I sat down on the couch. Lucy hopped up next to me and sat her head on my leg. I sat on my phone for a bit before I heard Layla calling me from up the stairs.

Layla- Toretto!

I went up stairs and leaned on the door frame.

Tony- What's up babe?

Layla- Will you zip this for me?

She turned around and moved her hair to the side to show the zipper.

Tony- Sure thing baby.

I zip up the back of her dress and before she moved her hair back I kissed the back of her neck as my hands moved down to her waist.

Tony- You look gorgeous.

Layla- Yeah right.

Tony- I'm serious.

I trailed the kisses over to her shoulder and the side of her neck.

Tony- You're beautiful.

Layla- You need to go get ready.

Tony- In a minute.

Layla- No. Now. Mark just texted me. He wants to know if we are on our way already.

Tony- He can wait.

Layla- Anthony.

Tony- Fine.

I move in-front of her and kiss her before going over to the dresser to get new clothes. When I turned around, Layla was laying on the bed with Lucy laying her head on her stomach.

Layla- I think she knows.

Tony- Knows what?

Layla- That I'm pregnant, Dipshit!

Tony- Right.

I flopped onto the bed next to Layla and snuggled up against her belly.

Tony- Do you think anyone else knows?

Layla- I don't think so. I haven't said anything about it around anyone. Have you?

Tony- Nope. But how long are we gonna keep this from everyone?

Layla- Not much longer. I just... I don't feel ready for it.

Tony- What do you mean?

Layla- As soon as everyone else knows, that's all they will see. That I'm pregnant. That's all that people will talk about. I just don't feel ready for that kind of change.

Tony- It'll be okay Baby.

We sat there for a few seconds before Layla sat up and pulled me off the bed.

Layla- We gotta go babe.

Tony- Okay okay!