Chapter 22: I Don't Like Hugs

(805) Word

Layla's POV

🤠~~~🐴~~~🌻~~~🐴~~~🤠

We all drove to Salchicas and sat in our favorite booth. I had a pair of jean shorts in the back seat of Toretto's car so I put those on and kept the black shirt I already had over my bathing suit. We all sat, talking about the last mission and the stuff we missed while Toretto and I were on our horse ride. Then Echo pulled out her phone for a minute and sent me a message.

Echo 🛹- Figured you would want this.

Layla- Thanks Echo ❤️

Echo- I'm glad you two are so happy. Tony picked a good one.

Layla- I love u

Echo- Love u too outlaw

I looked up and smiled at her which she happily returned. Then I felt Toretto's hand gently move onto my thigh while he was talking to Frostee and Cisco. Lucy was lying on the floor with her chin resting on my sneakers. I slowly placed a hand on my stomach under Toretto's shirt. Things are already feeling different. But a good different. Toretto noticed my hand and smiled at me, gently rubbing my leg.

Mark's POV

🔆~~~🪐~~~🍄~~~🪐~~~🔆

Mark- I'm going to win!

Rach- No way!

We turned onto the road we drove on every day to get to the Toretto Garage We had about a quarter mile to the parking lot with us both neck and neck. Rach started to pull ahead as I went to shift gears. Then we could see the spray paint line across the road. I pulled ahead but Rach was right beside me. We crossed the line and hit the brakes so we could turn back around and park at the garage. We each pulled into an open garage door and hopped out, slamming the doors behind us.

Mark- I totally won!

Rach- No way! I was in front of you!

Mark- You were not!

Ms. Nowhere- You two are exactly like Layla and Tony.

Gary- Yup!

Julius- No doubt about it!

Mark- No we're not!

Rach- We are not!

Ms. Nowhere- Yes you are. You fight just like them.

Rach- Seriously?

Gary- Yeah. When they were younger, they could never agree on who won. It was always, "You cheated!" Or "That was totally unfair!" Then they would race for hours, trying to see who the best racer was.

Julius- Which almost always ended in a fight.

Mark- Okay...

Rach- Ms. Nowhere, what are you doing here?

Ms. Nowhere- I figured I should check in on my team. That seems like the responsible thing to do. Right?

Gary- Oh yeah.

Julius- Very responsible!

Mark- Didn't you just have a baby?

Ms. Nowhere- That was a few months ago. Palindrome said I should get out of the house and do something.

Rach- So you came to the garage to yell at your team?

Ms. Nowhere- I wouldn't exactly call this yelling, but I do enjoy tormenting you kids!

Mark- Do you not have any hobbies?

Ms. Nowhere- Looking after all you kids doesn't give me much time for hobbies.

Julius- Where's the rest of the team?

Then we heard that familiar engine as Tony's car pulled into the garage. Tony hopped out of his seat and opened the door for Layla before running over to Ms. Nowhere and pulling her into a hug. Layla walked over and joined the hug too. 

Ms. Nowhere- I don't like hugs. 

Layla- Come on Ms. Nowhere. They're not that bad. 

Tony- Yeah! Even Layla likes hugs now!

Ms. Nowhere eventually hugged back for a few seconds before pulling her arms back. 

Ms. Nowhere- Alright. That's enough. Get off me. 

Tony- What are you doing here? We got a mission or something?

Ms. Nowhere- No. I'm just enjoying some no-baby time. 

Layla- How is the little guy?

 Ms. Nowhere- Oh he's great. I just wanted a little break. 

Layla- We need to do something together so I can see him again. 

Gary- We should have a big family dinner!

Julius- Yeah! I love that idea, Gary!

Mark- There's a new restaurant a few miles away. We could go there.

Tony- Sounds great!

Layla- Count us in!

Tony walked over to the couch and jumped over the back of it, landing while almost falling on the floor. Layla laughed and climbed over the back, gracefully landing next to him. Tony laid his head on Layla's lap as she began to play with his hair. Rach sat in one of the chairs and I sat on the side of it. 

Layla- How have you guys been?

Rach- Good! 

Mark- Just doing a bunch of racing.

Tony- That is the best way to spend time. 

Layla- Definitely. 

Mark- You wanna have a virtual race?

Tony- Of course!

I tossed him a controller and Layla one too. I handed one to Rach and she scooted over, giving me a spot to sit down. 

Layla- Y'all are going down.