Chapter 13: Mr. Stupid

(640) Words

Tony's POV
~~~🫧~~~🌼~~~🫧~~~~

Everything was dark. Until some light started to peak in the opening of my eyes. I felt a bouncing feeling. I could tell I wasn't on solid ground.

Tony- What's going on?

Layla- Morning Sleepyhead!

Tony- What happened?

Layla- You fell asleep on my shoulder.

Tony- Oh. How long was I out?

Layla- Long enough to leave a drool mark apparently.

Tony- Where are w... Woah!

Layla- You like the view?

Once my eyes were finally cleared and adjusted to the light, I could see where we were. We were in a huge field, surrounded by flowers and colors all over. There was a stream ahead and bees and butterflies flew above and around us.

Tony- Yea!

Layla- There's a huge field like this not too far from my house. I used to play there like all the time!

I could see Layla smiling ear to ear. It's good to see her smiling again. Especially since she's been so uncomfortable here. But I don't blame her for that at all.

Layla- I used to race my brothers there. And once we got there, we would wrestle in the long grass. Just rolling all over the place. We would get so dirty! My dad thought it was hilarious. My mom, not so much. She was the one who had to get the grass stains out of our clothes. Man, I miss those days.

She sighed and I sat my head back down on her shoulder.

Tony- Sounds like a lot of fun. So you always were a good guy. You just got off track for a while.

Layla- I guess you could say that. I wasn't in a good place for a while.

Tony- Well how about now?

Layla- I'm in a much better place now.

Tony- Well that's good to hear. 

Layla- Ya know, you snore. Like really obnoxiously. 

Tony- What!?

Layla- Yea! I had pigs that snore less than you!

Tony- Haha. Why can you always find something to make fun of me for? 

Layla- Because you're stupid. 

Tony- Thanks, Babe.

Layla- But I still love you, Mr. Stupid. 

Tony- How could you not?

Layla- There are plenty of reasons why I couldn't love you, I just decided to look past all those dumb reasons. 

Tony- What do you mean?

Layla- Like your stupid fear of palmetto bugs. Or how upset you get when Ms. Nowhere takes her good old time getting you a new car cause you ALWAYS destroy yours. Or how...

Tony- Fine. I get it. 

Layla- I still love you!

Tony- I love you too...

She kissed me on the cheek before turning back to face forward. I squeezed her hips, which I was still holding to get her attention. 

Layla- What?

Tony- That wasn't good enough. 

Layla- Are you serious? 

Tony- Mhm. 

Layla- Ugh. Fine. 

She turned back around, placed a hand on my cheek, and kissed me. It was a passionate kiss, which she doesn't give a lot. Ever since her dad walked in on us before, she is very careful about when people are around. But since we are out in the middle of the countryside, I think she let her walls down a bit. After what seemed like minutes, she pulled away facing forwards again. 

Layla- Better?

Tony- Yup. 

I sat my head on her shoulder with the side of it against her cheek. 

Tony- I like horse riding. 

She just laughed and put her hand on the right side of my face, slowly reaching up to touch my hair. Which she does a lot. 

Tony- Layla?

Layla- Toretto?

Tony- I'm sorry we're stuck in the past. 

Layla- It's alright Toretto. We'll get out of this. Don't worry. You gotta have a little more faith in your family. 

Tony- That's my line. 

Layla- Yea, but I hang around you too much now. All you're stupid saying is rubbing off on me. 

Tony- Surprised I don't have a Southern accent by now!