Chapter 20: A Good Childhood

(1075) Words

Layla's POV
🤠~~~🐴~~~🌻~~~🐴~~~🤠

I was in the kitchen making pancakes and Toretto came up behind me and held my waist, pulling his chest against my back. He sat his chin on my shoulder.

Toretto- Something looks delicious.

Layla- It's just pancakes!

Toretto- I wasn't talking about the pancakes, baby!

I turned around and put my arms around the back of his neck. I pulled him in for a kiss and we stayed this way till I heard the pancakes sizzling behind me.

Layla- Shit!

Toretto- You mean Lug nuts!

Layla- No... I don't.

Toretto- Are we busy today? Or can we do something else?

Layla- Anthony!

Toretto- What!?

Layla- I actually have something going on today. I thought I told you!

Toretto- What is it again? I don't remember.

Layla- Of course you don't.

Toretto- I don't have the greatest memory, alright! Can you just remind me!

Layla- I have a doctors appointment today to make sure my gun shot wound is finally better.

Toretto- It looks a lot better! It's been a while!

Layla- I know. Hopefully this is my last appointment for it.

Toretto- Here let me finish making breakfast. You go get dressed.

Layla- Thanks!

I kissed him on the cheek and went upstairs. I got dressed and did my hair and make-up. I walked back down to eat with Toretto.

Layla- Toretto. I gotta go.

Toretto- Can I come with you?

Layla- Sure.

Toretto went upstairs and changed. We hopped in the car and he drove us out to the building. Once I signed in, we sat down in the waiting room for a few minutes.

Nurse- Layla Toretto?

Layla- That's me.

Toretto- Haha. Layla Toretto.

Layla- What? That's my name now!

Nurse- Right this way.

Toretto- I love that.

Layla- Me too!

We walked into a room, hand in hand. There was a machine with a screen attached to it next to the table.

Nurse- Hop up here for me honey.

I sat on the table and Toretto stood next to me on the other side of the table.

Nurse- I'm going to use this to see inside of the wound. We want to make sure everything healed right, inside and out. And that everything inside works right.

Layla- Alright.

Nurse- Have you had any issues with it? Any irritation or pain?

Layla- No. It's actually felt pretty good lately.