Chapter 201 - Morning of the wedding

Kara is the first person out of herself and Alex to wake up on the day of her wedding, and as she does, she can still see that it's rather early in the morning, and they don't need to start with their day just yet. So, Kara slowly gets out of bed, and makes her way out onto the balcony attached to the room, closing the door behind her so Alex isn't woken by the fresh air. Kara then proceeds to sit out on the balcony for a little while, and take everything in, taking deep breaths of the fresh air, while also listening to all the animals that are making noises in the early morning. Today, there is not a single cloud in the sky, which Kara is taking as a very good sign. It is a beautiful day, a beautiful day to have a wedding.

Kara continues to sit out on the balcony for about 30 minutes, before she is finally joined by Alex walking out, clearly having just woken up from how she is rubbing her eyes.

"Hey Alex." Kara smiles.

"Hi." Alex says, with a yawn, "I didn't see you in the room when I woke up, I thought you might have done a runner."

Kara chuckles.

"No. I just woke up about half an hour ago, and knew I wasn't going to go back to sleep, so I decided to sit out here, and enjoy the fresh air." Kara explains.

"Okay." Alex nods, as she takes a seat in the chair next to Kara, bringing one of her knees to her chest.

The two sisters then just sit there in silence for a little while, looking out at the beautiful sight of the forest, which they can see the hotel is surrounded by. It truly is a lovely location. It really does feel like they are in the middle of nowhere.

"So, you are getting married today." Alex eventually says, ending the silence.

"Yeah. I am." Kara replies.

"You ready?" Alex asks.

"More than ready." Kara says, "I just can't wait until that moment when I see Lena for the first time today, walking down the aisle."

"I know." Alex says, "That will come soon enough. But now the craziness begins."

"Okay." Kara nods.

"So, let's just take a few more moments to enjoy this quietness, and take in some deep breaths, before we start with your day." Alex suggests.

The two sisters then do just that, sitting out there on the balcony for another 10 minutes, before they finally go back inside the room, and Alex orders breakfast to be sent up to them, so they can really begin their day.

***********************

Meanwhile, in Eliza, Alura and Morgan's room, Eliza has been awake for about 20 minutes now, and she is just getting out of the bathroom, after going about her morning business, and drinking a coffee. Ruby, Morgan and Alura are all still fast asleep. Eliza has decided to let the girls sleep for as long as possible, because she knows that today is going to be a really busy day for all of them, and she doesn't want Alura and Morgan in particular, to get tired and cranky before, during, or just after, Kara and Lena's wedding. Eliza wants the young girls to be able to completely take in the wedding, and enjoy the moment, and remember it for the rest of their lives. It isn't that often that kids actually get to go to their parents wedding, and remember it. But Eliza guesses that it is a more common occurrence nowadays.

After Eliza steps out of the bathroom, she takes a few minutes to get ready, changing into her more casual clothes, knowing that she will change into a more formal dress later, just before the wedding. Once Eliza finishes getting dressed, she turns to look at the kids, her grandchildren, and smiles for a moment. Eliza does know that none of the girls are actually related to her, but she doesn't care, they are her grandchildren, and she loves them so much.