Chapter 1 • Miracle

Fuck that hurt!

Fuck that hurt!

My head is pounding.

Waking up all I see is darkness. Not just normal dark. I mean pitch black dark. Stumbling around, ungracefully, getting on my feet. I feel  a stone cold wall, consistent with concrete. Fumbling while walking, I reach my hand out, feeling like a zombie in an horror classic, I finally hit a solid object. Moving my hands around I realize, I'm in cell! Touching the bars I get shock and sparks fly out from my fingertips.

"What the hell?" Confused and disoriented, like a fool I yell.

"Hello, is anyone there?" Smart move letting the kidnappers know you're awake. Grumbling when I get no reply; I try again.

"Hello!"

"Be quiet, love." Startled I turn toward voice.

"Who are you? Why am I here?" Hearing a grunt and a rattle of chains I presume he clears his throat.

"Lower your voice love, we don't need them storming in here." At a low whisper "who are you?" Letting out a breath he finally answers "I'm nobody, who are you?"

Not knowing if this is a deception of course I lie.

"My name is M-May? Now what's yours?"

"That's your first lie love, what is your name, truthfully this time?" He gives a low chuckle. His voice is deep. A soothing deep. When he chuckled it was like a deep rumble in his chest.

"Fine, my name is Miracle, now what's yours?" Honesty isn't always the best policy but I admire his tenacity.

"It's Baron, Baron King, nice to meet you Miracle."

"Where are we?" Stumbling back to where I recently was I try to sit closer to the voice. To Baron.

"In a cell. We're prisoners. Do you remember anything?" The last thing I remember was standing by the Granville Bridge then everything went black.

"No, not much, who took us?"

"That would be Andrew Atkins, he's a dragon shifter, though not a very strong one." Hearing his chains rattle, then a deep laugh.

"I don't know him, why would he want me?"

"Are you by chance a supernatural?" That floors me. Of course I just found that I was one. Turning eighteen and waking up to your bed on fire; kinda sets off alarms. My brother Matt was scared senseless. Didn't help that the next day sparks starting coming out of my fingers, that I couldn't control. He really freaked then. He located a local witch and brought me to her. To our amazement; I found out I was a Starlight; a very rare mystical supernatural being. Lucky me.

"Yes, I'm a Starlight." I hear him hiss in a breath. Yea I know I was shocked to.

"That's impossible. Starlight's are extinct. They died off hundred of years ago." That long? Esmeralda the witch, told me I was rare; I just didn't realize how rare.